Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
the best i can say to that would be HATERS HATERS HATERS.. so let keep HATIN and we'll keep going fast..

Serbs...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Fine with me lol. Mine will be worth that much more.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
People think V8s are inefficient. But as long as they still offer them, I'll be happy.

My V8 gets just slightly worse mpg than my 4 cyl turbo did, but not by much.

It's just what people think, and it's hard to change that. They think we don't need V8s. Well, we don't need them, but we do love them. :)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
People think V8s are inefficient. But as long as they still offer them, I'll be happy.

My V8 gets just slightly worse mpg than my 4 cyl turbo did, but not by much.

It's just what people think, and it's hard to change that. They think we don't need V8s. Well, we don't need them, but we do love them. :)
Agreed. And I'll add that V8's are part of our culture in this country. The turbo 4cyl thing didn't get popular until relatively recent years. And the turbo V6 (or twin turbo V6) didn't get noticed until the middle 90's.

While the performance of those engines along with their AWD is remarkable...I, and most enthusiasts, recognize that true American muscle comes from RWD V8s. Back in the 90s Ford try to pull this crap with the Mustang and the Probe...and it would have been the biggest mistake that company ever made. If these companies think they can just wipe out what American culture has been all about for over 5 decades then not only are they turning their backs on the customers but they are also turning their backs on their own history.

I shudder to think of the day when I'll have to go buzzing around in a Lancer Evo to get the adrenaline rush I used to get from driving a true muscle car. That day comes, I might as well quit the car scene and just take up knitting. I'll make some cool scarfs and blankets that say "Remember the RWD V8s...remember".

·
Registered
394 Posts
"they" also said that gm would never make another performance vehicle after the bailout... zl1 and zr1.. dont listen to the hype... america = v8 rumbles... lol..

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Like any business, they want a profit. High performance cars like the Camaro and Corvette are marketed to a crowd that loves power, so we get our V8s and General Motors gets our money.

There's no replacement for displacement!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
but the problem here is Congress, they keep mandating mpg and thereby Detroit has to keep making consessions. Before long the cost to produce a V8 is going to become cost prohibitive for Detroit. I guess that is part of the reason the zl1 has the $1300 or whatever it is gas guzzler tax ... that said, I doubt I'll be buying another Camaro (just because of my age and I never trade-in / get rid of a car) and I also have a low mileage truck, so I don't think I will ever really need another V8

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Rebuild your V8 as needed and keep on drivin!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Rebuild your V8 as needed and keep on drivin!
Yep ... until I can't drive anymore (just for clarity, I meant I don't think I'll be buying another performance car nor a truck, so I won't have"need" for a V8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts