Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know new guy you are all thinking not another price thread right.
No my dealer will not take any order till he has price info.Bought
6 new cars,trucks from these guys should I find new dealer?He won't
even put a list together?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I think that will change when he's officially able to put an order in the system...but who knows. If you really want to place an early order, you may want to call around to other dealers and get on their lists, just in case.

welcome to the site and thanks for not asking how much it's going to cost.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
LOL! No need to strap on the Kevlar vest around here, twitchalot. There are some that get irate about pricing questions only because it's been asked a few times, but we're all in the same boat. Everybod'y's anxious to get their new Camaro, but I don't know what to tell you about your local dealer. Only thing I can suggest is you just wait a little longer.:)

BTW, welcome to the site!:hello:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I think he'll change his mind once they watch the IDL on Oct 10th (assuming they know of it and watch it). I'd think they'd rather place an order with those willing to do so.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I know new guy you are all thinking not another price thread right.
No my dealer will not take any order till he has price info.Bought
6 new cars,trucks from these guys should I find new dealer?He won't
even put a list together?
Welcome aboard. Don't tell me, this is the kind of dealership who forgets your name once you buy a new one and drive off the lot. :mad: I'll drive a 100 miles to deal with a great, knowledgeable salesman, instead of 5 miles to deal with a uninformed bonehead.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No really all in all they have been good to me.But they don't seem to have a clue what's going on with the new camaro.I don't have to be the first one on the block with the new ride but would like to have an idea when to order.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I live in a town of 22,000+ people. 1 chevy dealer in the town, and you know how many are on the "waiting" list to order a new Camaro.....................

"0", thats right NO ONE. Owner told me they've had a few guys inquire about the car BUT, not a single sole has put their name on a list. Looks like I'm not the only rational person around town.

Because Chevrolet is in such a financial pinch, you'll see some bargins on this car early next year.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I live in a town of 22,000+ people. 1 chevy dealer in the town, and you know how many are on the "waiting" list to order a new Camaro.....................

"0", thats right NO ONE. Owner told me they've had a few guys inquire about the car BUT, not a single sole has put their name on a list. Looks like I'm not the only rational person around town.

Because Chevrolet is in such a financial pinch, you'll see some bargins on this car early next year.
So do you think it's better to hook up with a small town dealer to get a better deal? Seeing how they may not be able to sell their cars (in general) faster? I'd be willing to drive out a bit if this was the case. Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
166 Posts
So do you think it's better to hook up with a small town dealer to get a better deal? Seeing how they may not be able to sell their cars (in general) faster? I'd be willing to drive out a bit if this was the case. Anyone have experience with this?
It's been my personal experience that you'll get better service at a smaller dealership. Although I ordered/bought my '87 IROC at a fairly sized dealership and it was a good transaction.

I have the feeling you'll have a huge initial run of the cars and then it will slow WAY down. Especially if gas prices stay around $4.00 a gallon. Most of the guys talking about buying one of these cars has no clue how much the insurance will run either. And trust me, you'll have guys bailing once they see their insurance will be as much OR more a month than the car payment.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think he'll change his mind once they watch the IDL on Oct 10th (assuming they know of it and watch it). I'd think they'd rather place an order with those willing to do so.
Scotty,

I've seen you mention IDL before, what's that? How do I get info on the Oct 10 IDL?

Larry

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Scotty,

I've seen you mention IDL before, what's that? How do I get info on the Oct 10 IDL?

Larry
IDL's are video's GM send via satellite to dealers. They are not for public viewing, and dealers can get into trouble if they invite the public to view them.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
He's going to want them on the lot, and if he doesn't place his orders early, he won't even have any to bring people into the lot. He'd be a fool to wait until January.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
He's going to want them on the lot, and if he doesn't place his orders early, he won't even have any to bring people into the lot. He'd be a fool to wait until January.
The ordering that starts Oct 13th is for sold orders only. You will need a customer name to be entered on the order (and John Doe doesn't work well)....Can't put any of this round on the lot.....Maybe this will let them know who can sell the cars :hello:....BEFORE they tell us how many for the lot....

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts