Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At all of the local meets I go to the new camaro gets no respect I cant wait to blow there freaking doors off at the track. they wont believe the V6 is 300 horse and runs 14.4. What might the LS3 run? Low 13's or high 12's? I know it's all speculation but I still want to know.

the GTO runs like what a 13.8 stock?

·
8,984 Posts
What are you driving to these "local meets"?

I would guess 13.3.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Sounds like when he says "new Camaro" he means the 5thgen. I bet people still think it will be too heavy and underpowered, and just another Holden clone. It's ok, they'll see.

·
Registered
401 Posts
some people are such hypocrites
they bash me for sayign stuff like this
and look you get respect and stuff
wow people are weird...
but yea i know what you mean
no respect for the v6 camaro...
i might get band for this post too...
i can just make a new account

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
How can a car that does not exist in showrooms yet get 'respect' at a local show/meet? ;)

All in good time :cool:
easily, the new SRT8 Challenger gets alot of respect and I believe that the camaro will be alot faster then it so I do believe once there out they will be giving alot of respect for stock cars

edit: I meant to say when the SRT 8 was not out just to clarify

·
Registered
39 Posts
As I often tell my son, respect is earned, not given. The Camaro will get all the respect it deserves when it hits the tracks/streets. A spec sheet wont earn any thing for a car....gona need a time slip for that.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
some people are such hypocrites
they bash me for sayign stuff like this
and look you get respect and stuff
wow people are weird...
but yea i know what you mean
no respect for the v6 camaro...
i might get band for this post too...
i can just make a new account
Ok... WTF?^^^^

But anyway. I know what you're saying, Nitroracing. People just need to drive a Camaro. I haven't but, I've ridden in a G8 V6 and GT, and it's a great ride, even in the V6. The G8 has what? 39 less horsepower than the Camaro? The G8 was no slouch with the V6 engine, and the Camaro should be even better. This is the only time I would ever consider getting a V6 pony car.
It needs more respect, IMO.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
easily, the new SRT8 Challenger gets alot of respect and I believe that the camaro will be alot faster then it so I do believe once there out they will be giving alot of respect for stock cars

edit: I meant to say when the SRT 8 was not out just to clarify

The Challenger gives the guys who dreamed of owning one 35 years ago a 2nd chance at owning something that has that muscle look.
If you are a Chevy/Ford/Dodge guy everyone likes the looks of the challenger however they are to heavy and so on.
The Camaro is giving mixed vibes to some...... nice looking front end and the rearend :eek: oh well to each there own wait for the day it hits the streets and aftermarket gets ahold of it :D

Camaro is loved by Few , Hated by many but respected by all !!!!!

·
8,984 Posts

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
It will get it's respect when it comes out. Trust & believe. Especially from the pony boys of the blue oval persuasion. :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think it will run LOW 13's with a good driver, mid/high 12's with a great driver with good weather/track.

its got ~100more hp than a 4th gen with ~500 more pounds, so it should be about .5/5mph faster.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts