Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anybody else has a cracking noise coming from the front windshield when going over any bumps in the road? It seems to be worse when it is cold outside this is driving me crazy and I can't figure out how to stop it

·
Registered
19 Posts
noise in windshield

my 2ss has made a cracking noise a few times.Almost sounds like a rock hitting windshield.dont know what it is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I dont have this issue, but whenever I am stopped or sitting at a light sometimes my car makes a bunch of noise, sounds like it comes from the trunk area but there is nothing in it at all or in my back seat.

·
Registered
238 Posts
when it's cold I hear a cracking sound once, when I first take off and that is it. I'm not sure exactly where it's coming from, but it sounds like the dash/passenger door area...drives me nuts :angry:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was wondering if anybody else has a cracking noise coming from the front windshield when going over any bumps in the road? It seems to be worse when it is cold outside this is driving me crazy and I can't figure out how to stop it
I am also having that issue. My son and I tried to figure it out for the two months I was able to drive the car. You are right in saying it only happens when it gets colder. Most of the southern people will probably never see this issue. When the car comes out this spring we will be looking to see if we can figure it out again.

I agree that it sounds like the windsheild.

Post up here if you ever figure anything out.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I dont have this issue, but whenever I am stopped or sitting at a light sometimes my car makes a bunch of noise, sounds like it comes from the trunk area but there is nothing in it at all or in my back seat.
If you have a spoiler, you might want to check the two center bolts that are under the trunk liner. When I removed my spoiler yesterday, I found that those two were really loose and were causing a rattling noise whenever I went over the slightest bump in the road.

I haven't heard the creaking/cracking noise yet, but then, I'm in texas, soo.....

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you have a spoiler, you might want to check the two center bolts that are under the trunk liner. When I removed my spoiler yesterday, I found that those two were really loose and were causing a rattling noise whenever I went over the slightest bump in the road.

I haven't heard the creaking/cracking noise yet, but then, I'm in texas, soo.....
The sound he is talking about definately comes from the area of the windsheid. Mine is on the passenger side and again, only when it is cold outside. 30's & 40's give or take a few degrees. Also, my ride is never outside and stored in the winter so it happened when there is no chance of ice build-up.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
The sound he is talking about definately comes from the area of the windsheid. Mine is on the passenger side and again, only when it is cold outside. 30's & 40's give or take a few degrees. Also, my ride is never outside and stored in the winter so it happened when there is no chance of ice build-up.
That was for goduke10 who said "I dont have this issue, but whenever I am stopped or sitting at a light sometimes my car makes a bunch of noise, sounds like it comes from the trunk area but there is nothing in it at all or in my back seat."

·
Registered
66 Posts
That was for goduke10 who said "I dont have this issue, but whenever I am stopped or sitting at a light sometimes my car makes a bunch of noise, sounds like it comes from the trunk area but there is nothing in it at all or in my back seat."
Loose exhaust maybe?

·
Registered
720 Posts
i have the same issue...but only in very cold weather...didnt hear a sound in the summertime...cept the sexy exhaust ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts