Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
I would expect nothing less from a hhr/ssr owner.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That's pretty much what I expected from this narrow minded forum in the first place. MIllions of SEMA participants and aftermarket folks can't be wrong, but I am sure you think so. You soooo underestimate the business world. What criteria do you all use to judge things anyway?

Criteria: A standard by which something is judged.

I use this a lot with my students when they don't "Like" a piece of art and show them how different kinds of art can be appreciated but not liked. What you like has nothing to do with the criteria for judging something. When something is judged merely on what one likes, it is called "Prejudice". That is eliminated when you list criteria for a better understanding of other's points of view. There are lots of "Ricer" adaptations that others have done to all types of brands I don't like, but their passion for automotive enthusiasm is tremendously appreciated. A whole new generation of car guys is dawning upon us and you all seem to be in just one very small minority of thinking, and it is soooo narrow! Open up and you just may see that there is more to these designs than meets the eye.:patriot:

Oh, and I apologize for offending any of you "Purests" out there.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I'm glad to see GM getting more of an interest in this market.
It's certainly somewhere they need to get a good grasp on, and they've done alot there in the past few years, which is a great thing.

Sure it's not my cup of tea, but it's definitely a big market and has shown its own worth, so from that I can respect it. :)

The people that own these cars enjoy working on them, and are just as enthusiastic about their cars as we are about our cars.
So just because they're different doesn't make it stupid.
The modifications are apparent, and there's some big money into some of those cars!

To me, as long as it's domestic, it's all good. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
That's pretty much what I expected from this narrow minded forum in the first place. MIllions of SEMA participants and aftermarket folks can't be wrong, but I am sure you think so. You soooo underestimate the business world. What criteria do you all use to judge things anyway?

Criteria: A standard by which something is judged.

I use this a lot with my students when they don't "Like" a piece of art and show them how different kinds of art can be appreciated but not liked. What you like has nothing to do with the criteria for judging something. When something is judged merely on what one likes, it is called "Prejudice". That is eliminated when you list criteria for a better understanding of other's points of view. There are lots of "Ricer" adaptations that others have done to all types of brands I don't like, but their passion for automotive enthusiasm is tremendously appreciated. A whole new generation of car guys is dawning upon us and you all seem to be in just one very small minority of thinking, and it is soooo narrow! Open up and you just may see that there is more to these designs than meets the eye.:patriot:

Oh, and I apologize for offending any of you "Purests" out there.
Purist...But anyway...LOL

Actually, that Sky and the C10 are good looking and have tasteful mods. I HATE that Avalanche though. I wouldn't consider any of those ricer though. Did I mention that Avalanche makes me yak?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you think that Avalanche is bad, someone in the neighboring town has one with 24" chrome rims and put a cobalt SS supercharged wing on the bed cover.

Talk about an ugly ass vehicle

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I see nothing wrong with big ass wheels. I actually like it in most cases, but it can't be a "Donk" or whatever they call it. 26" Rims DO NOT belong on a 86 Monte Carlo. If it's a car, and the wheels make it sit higher than my Dodge RAM, there's a problem.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
So putting 19's on the front and 21's on the back of my Camaro would be ridiculous and a crime against nature? Didn't the concept have a 18/20 combo? Aren't the new Z06's a 19/21 combo?

I'm planning on 19x8s in the front and 21x11s in the rear.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
That doesn't make sense, bro. Trucks have the largest wheel well opening of anything. I've seen 24s that fit NICE in a Silverado wheel well. Is the the low profile tires you hate?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
See, now with a lift kit I think anything over an 18" wheel is ludicrous, and it better have at least mild offroad tires. No low pros. I guess I don't care how big the wheel is as long as it's snugly in the wheel well.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Depends alot on the style of the wheel too.
I don't mind a large tastefull 5 or 6-spoke wheel.
But some of the designs out there are just butt ugly.

For example, a new Escalade with the factory 22s looks HOT. :cool:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts