Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Newbie here in Nor Cal!! Seems like a great forum, lots of info posted. Not a Gen5 owner but driven quite a few!!
Working with a couple dealers and NASA in Nor Cal to promote Gen 5 competition (wheel-wheel and Time trials) that will be done on most Nor Cal and central Cal Road Courses! This will promote use of Z/28 and ZL1 GM parts that have recently become unrestricted. Quite a few ideas for racer support and maybe contingency (eventually).
Any interest??

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Welcome! And good luck with your endeavor. I have found it very difficult to arrange such things for a few reasons:

1. Cost / liability / common location
2. Lots of folks don't have their cars prepped for track duty or prefer not to thrash their street cars on the track
3. Did I mention the liability waiver most tracks.events have you sign that absolves the track and other competitors from damage to your car caused by others? :(

I for one love to go to the track. But the last few events have left a bad taste in my mouth when others have come close to wrecking my vehicles with their "lack of talent"...

Best of luck tho! :5go:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks chuck, I completely understand your concern but I know that some groups are better than others. I am a GM rep. and am working with dealers around Nor Cal (various tracks too) to promote responsible track days with proper instruction/supervision. My angle is selling more Camaro/ZL1/Z28 parts as well as the correct aftermarket go fast goodies. We have had very good luck so far and I think that those that wish to learn to drive their cars at speed will only benefit. Check out Momentum motorsports to see what we are doing.
JJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts