Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I've noticed.. First off I have a 2LT, once I hit the 1,500 mile mark I started to see what the LLT engine had in it. I did a nice big burn out no problem. I've tried to do two burnouts since then and they haven't been anywhere near as good. This may have something to do with the weather. The first time it was a cool (in the 60's) night the other two times have been in the 70's-80's during the day. Also I've just tried revving the engine and I can't rev it past 4,000 rpms and I'm 99% sure I was able to red line it if I wanted.. Any ideas what might be up?

It drives fine, so I have no idea..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sounds to me like the ECU is limiting the engine speed, you should be able to redline in neutral no probs-Sounds like you need a dealer visit!! I expect the will be able to plug it in and clear any faults within 20mins (unless there is something drastically wrong!)
HTH

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so I dropped off the Camaro for the weekend to get some work done, like oil change etc. Anyways I told them about the problem I was having. The dealer called me back and said the maintnance guy told him that GM is putting rev limiters on their cars now, and said there is nothing he could do.. I know for a fact I was able to rev above 4,000 rpms like a week ago, now I can't. This isn't a Chevy dealer but just a GM dealer. Any ideas on what's up?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm not convinced you've been told the truth!! The only other thing I can think of, is the ECU limits rpm on a cold engine-alot of Jap stuff does this to prevent unsympathetic owners thrashing a cold engine.......But as you own a Camaro, I bet that's not what's happening here-unless the ECU has stuck at that limit for some reason?

the only other possibilty......................someone has taken your engine and dropped a diesel in instead?!!!:lol::lol:

All joking aside, I would take it to a Chevy dealer and get them to take a look

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I don't get is how it could have a rev limiter on it but I was able to redline it at idol but now I cant... weird..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, not a problem to rev past 4000 RPM. Try pulling fuses #5 and #20 in the engine compartment. These are the fuses for the ECU, wait 10 minutes then replace #5 then #20. Take it for a ride and see what happens. Remember, allways let the engine come to operating temps before reving to high RPM's. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright guys, thanks for the info. When I get it back from the shop on monday I'll take a look at it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts