1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MODERNCAMARO
NOVEMBER MEMBER/CAMARO OF THE MONTH

ChibiBlackSheep

Congratulations ChibiBlackSheep! You are the November Member/Car of the Month here at ModernCamaro.com

Absolutely flattered, thank you so much!

We all want to know a little more about you and your Camaro so I have a few questions for you...

Will you share with us what began your love for cars and/or the Camaro specifically?

I have always been a car guy. My father is a car guy, and has passed that love on to me. I grew up wanting a Corvette for as long as I could remember, but then I changed my passion towards the Camaro (decided to be a little more reasonable). When I bought my bright purple metallic 98 Camaro, my love really began, that was my first Camaro.

Please share with us the story behind your Camaros?

For the 68 Camaro SS, my father and I wanted a car that we could go to car shows with together. We both agreed that a first-gen Camaro SS was what we wanted, and we both preferred the 67/68 look over the 69. That's when we found and agreed on our current 68 Camaro SS and split it and we take it to as many shows as we can.

When I saw the reveal of the 5th Gen Camaro in Philadelphia, I told myself that I would own one of those one day. And in 2013, I finally was able to afford it and buy my 2013 1LS brand new. It has been a fantastic daily driver, and sits nicely next to my other bowties.

How did you discover ModernCamaro.com and what has kept you here?

I'm an admin on a Monte Carlo Forum, and was looking for a similar family oriented close-nit community for my daily driver and I stumbled on here. Have enjoyed the website ever since.

And finally, do you have anything you'd like to add to the ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

I actually was laid off from my job last week, so having this honor come to me is truly amazing. I have been pretty down, and this has brought a smile to my face. Thank you everyone!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Congrats! Keep your head up and you should find work soon!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Great write up....love the pic with your 1st gen Camaro.....sliding over on unemployed bench...yes we will BOTH find work...VERY soon.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Congrats ... love the 68 and, of course, all 5th gens ... yours both look great ... glad the timing was good

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Hey man, congrats on the win this month. And sorry to hear about the job thing. Keep looking, you'll find something!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thank you everyone!!! I had to completely build a new website and update my resume and such, been sending out applications like crazy trying to get another position.

Hopefully something comes soon, but until then, I get to keep driving my sweet daily Camaro and enjoying it! Luckily I won't get into a position where I will need to sell any of my cars, so at least that is good :)

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Congrats on the win! This will probably turn out to be a blessing in the end!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Since it's been pretty nice these past 2 days, even though it will snow tomorrow.

Decided to give the DD a little detailing and loving. Get a nice coat of protection on it before winter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats!

Ain"t orange nice on a 5th Gen? I got a used '67 RS 327 4sp. after high school in Wilmington; red w/blk stripes. 40 yrs later I went looking for a gen 5 orange/ bik. SS. Only 4 nationwide on Autotrader, one only 40 miles away.... drove it, loved it. Looked at the clean-one owners car fax....it came from an auction in Coatesville, Pa. titled from...yep Wilmington, De.
Needless to say it is in the garage now, tucked in for the long Colorado winter.

p.s.- I'm hunting work also. Hang in there, things always get better after the New Year. Beautiful rides!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Congrats, you have some beautiful cars there! I think thats why I like the 5th gen so much, they have a look about them like the 60's did. Best of luck on the job hunt!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts