Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the Long Island International Autoshow...........Tonight (October 16th thru Sunday)........ at the Nassau County Veterans Coliseum in Uniondale........

The Victory Red Camaro RS coupe --

A Cyber Gray Corvette ZR1............

A silver Chevy Traverse LTZ...........

............Silver Pontiac Solstice Coupe!..........

...............a Red Pontiac G8 Sedan..........

...........Cadillac CTS-V ..................

................and the stunning new Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon.........

......along with the 2009 Lineup of GM Cars and Trucks...........

·
Registered
45 Posts
A little too far out of my way, unfortunately... How about a trip up to Boston/the North Shore while you're "in the area"? ;)

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a GM invasion :D
Actually, IT IS..........GM dominates this show .....

..................now, if we could just get more Long Islanders to buy our products..........

Also appearing:

Malibu Hybrid
Tahoe 2mode Hybrid
SILVERADO 2mode Hybrid
Escalade 2mode Hybrid
Yukon 2mode Hybrid.......

·
Registered
620 Posts
Actually, IT IS..........GM dominates this show .....

..................now, if we could just get more Long Islanders to buy our products..........

Also appearing:

Malibu Hybrid
Tahoe 2mode Hybrid
SILVERADO 2mode Hybrid
Escalade 2mode Hybrid
Yukon 2mode Hybrid.......
Is there a chance that you and the camaro will be here(miami) at the auto show next month? the international auto show stops here on the 11th i think.

·
8,984 Posts
Pics?

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
*taps mic* Hello...Is this thing on?

hmmmm.......I usually use the *crickets chirping* routine..........

Yes -- right now we have the Red RS scheduled for Phoenix -- that assumes that everything proceeds smoothly -- but I hate to promise anything -- and then have something come up that changes everything...........

Phoenix is a HUGE market for Chevy!

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is there a chance that you and the camaro will be here(miami) at the auto show next month? the international auto show stops here on the 11th i think.
GREAT news -- the Camaro will be at Miami -

Bad news for me: I won't be........I have to be somewhere else :mad: and I LOVE Miami!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
At the Long Island International Autoshow...........Tonight (October 16th thru Sunday)........ at the Nassau County Veterans Coliseum in Uniondale........
HEY Scott...will the Camaro be "roped off" as usual, or will we be able to sit in it???

If I can re-arrange my schedule, I'm gonna try and make it this weekend...and if I can sit in it, I'll try a little harder and/or just blow off work.;)

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HEY Scott...will the Camaro be "roped off" as usual, or will we be able to sit in it???

If I can re-arrange my schedule, I'm gonna try and make it this weekend...and if I can sit in it, I'll try a little harder and/or just blow off work.;)

The cars are roped off for a reason. (we DO want you to be able to sit in them to see that this car is very spacious for the driver and front seat passenger....)

The reason is this: one of the LAST things we do is 'grain' the various interior surfaces.........up to now, things such as door panels and I.P. surfaces are hard plastic -- and we use what is sometimes called a 'sand' finish -- which means we spray the surface and artificially 'grain' and paint the surface to APPEAR as what the production vehicle will look like.......

The problem is threefold:

>one - the surfaces are fragile and can crack and rub off......

>two - the fits and finishes are not quite right -- all of the parts are pre-production.......

and

>Three -- people get in and ASSUME that this is the finished product -- and their impression has just been negatively impacted...........

We put a black and white IVER at Indy just so that people could get in and out of it to see the seating position.......we constantly reminded people that these cars were very primitive and to please not judge --

......and sure 'nuff -- several comments were overheard about 'this would be a great car if they'd just put nicer materials in the interior!!!' --

........thus, the cars are, for now, roped off.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Thanks as always for the info. I totally understand. I'll still try and make it to the show this weekend...although, I already placed my order, so seeing it is just going to make my wait even more hellish.:BangHead:

Any updates on the Blue SS?

The cars are roped off for a reason. (we DO want you to be able to sit in them to see that this car is very spacious for the driver and front seat passenger....)

The reason is this: one of the LAST things we do is 'grain' the various interior surfaces.........up to now, things such as door panels and I.P. surfaces are hard plastic -- and we use what is sometimes called a 'sand' finish -- which means we spray the surface and artificially 'grain' and paint the surface to APPEAR as what the production vehicle will look like.......

The problem is threefold:

>one - the surfaces are fragile and can crack and rub off......

>two - the fits and finishes are not quite right -- all of the parts are pre-production.......

and

>Three -- people get in and ASSUME that this is the finished product -- and their impression has just been negatively impacted...........

We put a black and white IVER at Indy just so that people could get in and out of it to see the seating position.......we constantly reminded people that these cars were very primitive and to please not judge --

......and sure 'nuff -- several comments were overheard about 'this would be a great car if they'd just put nicer materials in the interior!!!' --

........thus, the cars are, for now, roped off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts