Modern Camaro Forums banner

What are you planning to buy?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
SS M6 with RS package. However, I've not ruled out the V6 either. Both are very killer cars. But this is dependent on how long I have to wait and whether or not the next model year has something that I like better.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
With an estimated 3 MPG difference from the 6 to the 8, I see no reason not to get an 8. RS/SS, 6sp manual. (Victory Red!)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would not wait until the 2011 model year in hopes of better options.
It is highly possible that horsepower will be greatly reduced in favor of higher MPG EPA standards in all the following model years. If you want high performance it’s in your best interest to purchase the 2010 model.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Torn between the auto/manual,but one thing for sure it will be the SS/RS in orange.Went to dealer today to get the order date,they said they will take orders as soon as they get the prices(mid Dec.).Hopefully being in the top 5 in sales for GM,the wait wont be to long after production.They guaranteed me there would be no market adjustment on them,like what has happened to the Challenger's.Sorry for the profanity.:lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
All depends on prices, and if they come out with other options... Z28

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Don't hate me, but I'm going to get an Automatic. I want to be as focused on the road as possible for my first car.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As of now this is my choice:

2010 Camaro RS/SS
Automatic Transmission
Cyber Gray Metallic - possibly with stripes (color TBD)
Inferno Orange Accent Leather Interior
Premium Boston Acoustics Sound System

I'm certain I will change my mind up to 1000 times before actually ordering the car lol. :lol:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
me i want a fully loaded vert in black with red stripes and a black top or orange with black top and black stripes....

can you say HUD,REMOTE START,HID ect ect.... ohh wait no remote start on man.... **** o well that is what after market is for huh

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
2010 Camaro SS
Inferno Orange Metallic
Manual
Inferno Orange interior accents
HID headlights (will get RS package if they don't option out)
Ambient lighting (will get leather if they don't option out)

*All above dependent on final pricing. If I can get what I want for under 35k out the door, I'm in.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
I hope to see a bad mo fo 5th gen come along, thats our plan for now. I guess it will depend on how long we can hold out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't see driving manual transmission as a distraction for a first time driver. I never drove an automatic car until I had my license for about a year, and I never plan on driving an automatic again. I think if anything, driving stick keeps you focused, stops you from toying with the radio and cell phone/mp3 player (and from falling asleep). I think with automatic transmission its easier to get distracted. I know a lot of people who see it your way though, and I'm not sure if anyone else agrees with me haha...
That being said...Make mine a 6MT SS, Orange, black interior, no options at all. If it has manual windows and no radio thats fine with me.

Don't hate me, but I'm going to get an Automatic. I want to be as focused on the road as possible for my first car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2010 RS/SS
Moonroof
USB port/PDIM
Bluetooth
Secondary Gauges
Ambient Light(blue)
Ice Silver Metallic
Black Rally Stripes(if GM can get right)
I would like to keep the stock wheel color too as the midnight silver I am not sure about but I like the color of the ones on the production model.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I don't see driving manual transmission as a distraction for a first time driver. I never drove an automatic car until I had my license for about a year, and I never plan on driving an automatic again. I think if anything, driving stick keeps you focused, stops you from toying with the radio and cell phone/mp3 player (and from falling asleep). I think with automatic transmission its easier to get distracted. I know a lot of people who see it your way though, and I'm not sure if anyone else agrees with me haha...
That being said...Make mine a 6MT SS, Orange, black interior, no options at all. If it has manual windows and no radio thats fine with me.
I drove a girl's first car home because it was a manual. She couldn't drive it, but she wanted it. So we got it home, and I taught her how to drive it. She loved it, too. She was so scared, but after a month, was so happy that she did that.

It's worth learning, before deciding.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts