Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler touts gasoline deal to win buyers
Price of gas, diesel is locked in at $2.99 a gallon for three years

The presidential candidates may be touting a gas tax holiday, but Chrysler is offering new car buyers a card that locks in the price of gasoline and diesel at $2.99 a gallon for three years.

On Monday, the U.S. automaker announced a month-long “Let’s Refuel America” program, which looks designed to lure new car buyers into its dealerships — it gives buyers of most of its vehicles at Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealerships a card that can be used for purchases of gas or diesel fuel, locking in the price at $2.99 a gallon for three years.

LINK

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
LOL Hmmm...A 19 mpg Challenger with $2.99/gal gas or a 30+ mpg Camaro that's lighter, faster, and handles better?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
LOL Hmmm...A 19 mpg Challenger with $2.99/gal gas or a 30+ mpg Camaro that's lighter, faster, and handles better?
From your mouth to GM's ear - I can only hope for 30+ mpg and faster!:D

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
LOL I figure on the highway 30 mpg is a reasonable expectation. The G8 is there, and it's heavier. The 02's got VERY good gas mileage (over 30) with the 6 speed on the highway. Of course, in 02 they weren't doing the active displacement and other tricks to improve fuel economy. I would be really surprised if the new Camaro with an LS3 or L76 paired with a 6 speed didn't easily hit the 30 mpg mark.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
LOL I figure on the highway 30 mpg is a reasonable expectation. The G8 is there, and it's heavier. The 02's got VERY good gas mileage (over 30) with the 6 speed on the highway. Of course, in 02 they weren't doing the active displacement and other tricks to improve fuel economy. I would be really surprised if the new Camaro with an LS3 or L76 paired with a 6 speed didn't easily hit the 30 mpg mark.
True but you are forgetting one thing, the desire to mash the go pedal :lol:. You know the first week or even month the pedals will be over halfway engaged more than regular cruising. I know mine is.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
True but you are forgetting one thing, the desire to mash the go pedal :lol:. You know the first week or even month the pedals will be over halfway engaged more than regular cruising. I know mine is.
LOL After the appropriate "break in" period of course. ;)

Oh yeah...I'm not gentle on the peddle, I'm just talking EPA Estimated Gas Mileage. God knows I won't come close.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
LOL After the appropriate "break in" period of course. ;)

Oh yeah...I'm not gentle on the peddle, I'm just talking EPA Estimated Gas Mileage. God knows I won't come close.
I'm happy with my Vette (when it was in 1 piece) getting and Average of 19.5. That's WITH pedal stomping, and not much highway action.

·
2,774 Posts
nope..and thats not the way to get gas down..it just makes Chrysler pay more of it..meaning less RnD to make the Challenger faster next round..

and truthfully Its looking more and more like Chrysler is going the way of AMC..and no I am not kidding..

·
Registered
102 Posts
This is prety good marketing. Everyone is thinking like car nuts, not everyone is a car nut & I know alot of people who would do this without thinking. I would bet my sister would do something like this. She made a comment once about how I do a lot of research when I'm looking for a car. I questioned her on this since I thought everone did that and she said she has bought every car she has owned on a whim. One day she decides she is tired of her car and stops into a lot or tent sale and whatever catches her eye she buys not knowing anything about it, fuel milage, engine, power, ect.

I bet Chrysler will have more money for R&D after this. At least for the short run.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think the Challenger is excluded from this promotion.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts