Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since over 10,000 have been built, does anyone know how many have been delivered, and how many are stuck in the dreaded Quality Control!:mad:

·
Registered
114 Posts
seems to me they really started cranking them out the week of may 7,but the vast number of them have not been delivered.just too bad they wont tell the end purchasers whats going on i mean just enough to kill all the silly rumors not to mention its even harder to wait once you know its built....#8586 signing off for now..............:5go::confused::hello::duh:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Over 10,000 have been built, but keep in mind the cars built for the dealer's "stock", the early build promotional cars (Hendrick etc), the rental cars etc. In my opinion, reality may be that only a few thousand "sold" cars might by be done or on the way. The ramp up is evident because for the first time I have producition info from my dealer and an approximate build time frame. Mine was ordered on 10/15 from a small but a great dealer to work with and only until last week was production information given to them. I think you'll seem them start to roll out about 2500 cars a week and get through the sold pre orders by mid August.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wonder how many of those built were V6 cars. I wish they would quit making the V6 inventory cars and focus solely on the pre-ordered cars like several of us are waiting on. I'm seeing V6 cars sitting around as inventory, obviously not pre-ordered. The only SS's I see for sale are at price gouging slimeball dealerships. MSRP V8 cars sell very quickly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered on 11-18-09, I just got some news that my dealer will start to receive some pre-orders this week, I know six have been built, #1 is stuck in QC and I being #10 will start build this week 5-18, anyone know how long before I receive it, I don't want someone stealing my order since I will be out of town in June, I hope to have a vin before I go

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
if you think about it, it makes sense that they would build some inventory cars before preorders. It sucks as a customer but GM has basically 14000 sold cars without test drives and such, and most of those people gave a deposit and they are not going to cancel. So by giving dealers stock first and getting around to orders little by little they are selling more cars, not that they would have a problem selling these anyway tho. JMO

·
Registered
240 Posts
I wonder how many of those built were V6 cars. I wish they would quit making the V6 inventory cars and focus solely on the pre-ordered cars like several of us are waiting on. I'm seeing V6 cars sitting around as inventory, obviously not pre-ordered. The only SS's I see for sale are at price gouging slimeball dealerships. MSRP V8 cars sell very quickly.
Isn't it going to be at least 6,000 inventory, rental and show-off cars? If so it is very annoying and GM still has somewhere around 10,000 pre-orders to still build and deliver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts