Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got to sit in a Camaro. :D My thoughts...it fits. I'm 6-3 and yes, with the seat all the way back, there's no way I could push in the clutch. It's pretty roomy in the front seats, yet doesn't feel big. It's hard to explain, but it just feels like it fits. The Orange is badass. I didn't think the interior felt or looked cheap. I didn't feel as if visability would be an issue, although kinda hard to really get an idea until you hit the streets. Definitely a large crowd around them...much more then the Challengers...which does feel big when you're sitting in it. I sat in the various Camaro's 4 times...each time I had to wait on line. I climbed right in the Challenger.

Other thoughts...the Terrain is fugly. I like the new equinox much more. The Volt is actually pretty nice...love the blue they had on it. I got a good luck at the IBM on an HHR...I'm happy that it's the color I ordered. I was hoping to get to meet Scott, but he wasn't still in NY. I was also dissapointed the Camaro's didn't have the trunks or hoods open. I only spent about 90 mins at the show, I had to get back to work...but here's some pix...probably nothing you all haven't seen...I wanted to get more shots and better angles, but it was tough because of the crowds and the fact that I had to get outta there.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Nice pics.. I went to the show on sat and mon, and u are absolutely right with the waiting in line part. Was always able to get right in the Challenger even the Viper, but had quite a line at the Camaros all day, is that saying something? The day we finally take our deliveries cannot come soon enough.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mind if I add some pictures also, was there today and I have to say I am very excited about this car! It is one thing to see pics on the comp but to see this car in person and to touch it and sit in it.... wow I have to have one!

The trunk was open when I came back after the doors opened for a bit and I have to say that it does have alot of room inside but the actual opening is small, but then again this is a sports car! Lots of people around them and seen alot of smiles. here are some pics , added some of the Challenger also, was not impressed with the interior of the Challenger to boxy for me and the rear seats look like they are mounted on a platform.

Nice car but not as nice as the Camaro.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pappy....what time were you there? Looks like it was more crowded when I was there...I was hoping to avoid that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was there first thing when it opened 11am, walked around and came back to the cars around noon. I tried to get to pop the hood on one but was getting looks from those waiting to get in so I let it go.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Forgot to ask did you get a brochure? I had to ask for one.

I have to say the tolerences on the panels are real tight and look very good on the cars,

Anyone want to buy my motor home? I need this car:lol::lol:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was there first thing when it opened 11am, walked around and came back to the cars around noon. I tried to get to pop the hood on one but was getting looks from those waiting to get in so I let it go.

yeah, I wanted to get there at 11...but ended up getting in around 12:30.

They didn't have any brochures, they were directing people who asked to go to the website. They were making custom screen-savers for people...have to wait 48 hours to download.

·
Registered
167 Posts
1. We opened the trunks all the time.
2. Hoods aren't opened - too many souvenoir hunters plus the wiring for the seats is jurie-rigged so we can operate the seats. Don't want anyone shorting out wires by pulling on them. Batteryis the truck now, not under the hood.
3. Line to get in the car was always reasonable by the Transformers.
4. Front seat is roomy enough for 6'7" people - had some that big in the car with no problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts