Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I don't see how he blasted Ford in this, but he obviously thinks the Domestic automakers are further behind tan they are. Just like celebrities commenting on politics, politicians have no business commenting on things they obviously don't know much about.

"Detroit ended up making investments in SUVs and large trucks because that's where they perceived a competitive advantage and that's where they felt they could make the most profit," Obama told "Meet the Press" host Tim Russert.
This is a true statement.

"I think it was a mistake for them not to plan earlier, and now we're seeing a huge growth in fuel-efficient cars that is benefiting the Japanese automakers and Detroit is getting pounded some more."
This is not so true, it amazes me how ignorant some people are when it comes to the fuel efficiency debate in the domestic vs import car market...

·
Registered
506 Posts
This is not so true, it amazes me how ignorant some people are when it comes to the fuel efficiency debate in the domestic vs import car market...
He (like a lot of Americans) still considers the 30 year old Ford Granada the epitome of American automobile achievement. Mr. Obama missed a huge opportunity to point out the good that Detroit has done since the Granada era.

Would have been good press for the automakers as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Why would he think the auto manufacturers are there to make fuel efficient vehicles. They are there to produce a product they think the public wants so they can make money. America seems to like big powerful vehicles, look at all of the people on this forum willing to sacrifice a little fuel milage for performance. I am all for the enviroment and new more efficient technology but I am getting tired of this green stuff and hearing about how all of the worlds problems are because of Americans and their big cars.

My plan is to give every object a carbon footprint number. Then everyone is given the same amount of carbon credits to spen how they see fit. The people who want to live in 10,000 square foot houses have a choice between an electric golf cart or public transportation and the ones who live in small houses can have Z/28's, ZR-1's, ect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts