Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife got tired of the drone so she made me buy an exhaust set-up. Because I have the OBX headers and everyone says they are Kooks knockoffs I decided to go with Kooks cats.

They fit perfectly. The exhaust was kind of a pain because they came with Zero instructions. I had never put exhaust on before so it was a little frustrating. Note to anyone else gonna try this and have never done it before, start at the back and work your way forward.

Once I got it right it went very quick and everything is great.

The car sounds amazing.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man.

·
Registered
358 Posts
So Cowboy, here is where I am at. I bought the Borla cat back and you sold me on the OBX headers. Love the price. What should I do about the cats? The headers come with a delete pipe and I am probably going to get a tune anyway so I'm thinking... forget the cats. Can I even buy them seperatly?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If you do not have state inspections don't worry about Cats. If you do I just proved that Kooks Cats will bolt up to these headers.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you do not have state inspections don't worry about Cats. If you do I just proved that Kooks Cats will bolt up top these headers.
Wisconsin does not do a visual inspection for cats. If the ECM does not throw a code I'm good and that is where the tune comes in. So I'll take the coins I save on the cats and spend it on a tune from Jannetty Racing. tnks

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
so you have Kooks cat-back now? or you just bought the Kooks cats?

sounds good! i'm starting to grow out of the obnoxiously loud phase and might finish off my ARH headers with ARH exhaust just because it fits and POWERFREAK says its zero drone and sell my Magnaflow muffler delete axle-back.

BTW, i hate to be a stickler, but your tips are not level :lol: i'm OCD about that kind of stuff and aftermarket exhaust on these cars are a PITA to get aligned!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so you have Kooks cat-back now? or you just bought the Kooks cats?

sounds good! i'm starting to grow out of the obnoxiously loud phase and might finish off my ARH headers with ARH exhaust just because it fits and POWERFREAK says its zero drone and sell my Magnaflow muffler delete axle-back.

BTW, i hate to be a stickler, but your tips are not level :lol: i'm OCD about that kind of stuff and aftermarket exhaust on these cars are a PITA to get aligned!
I have everything from the headers back is Kooks. The headers are OBX and just for your OCD. My driveway is not level. It slants to the left if you are looking at the back of the car.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your welcome!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Your welcome!
way to start a riot on the other site,,, lol,, if those headers were availible when i purchased my kooks i would have given them a try for the price,,,, cant believe they can sell them for $350 shipped,,, you really got the sponsors and mods working on the other site,,, they deleted most of my posts and lots of post from others are getting deleted fast... funny the sponsors are mad but yet the other sponsors are selling them and running group purchases on them

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'v had mine in for like 3 or 4 months now and have not had a single problem with them. I get mad about the whole inferiro thing. Last time I check they are both made for 304 stainless steel. So how are they inferior? A few people get it. Let the consumer buy what they want. Never bash a customer (if you ever want their buisness again). I for one will never buy another thing from them. I will stronly advise other people I know to not buy from them either. There are plenty of other vendors out there and around here for that matter.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All that deleting and childish bickering is why I spend alot of time on the other sites these days. I will never fail to give a review when I purchase a product because of the pssible benifit to a fellow camaro owner. I just will not be treated like crap and have my thread taken over because of it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree. It does make some funny reading on the other forum though. Its stupid for them to argue over this but all well. I am VERY happy with my "inferior" product and will continue watching this gracefully lol.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How true. I do love that they say Canada is ok because it is still on the american continent. To me thats alittle hipocritical.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts