Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Cool and they gave the correct props to the site unlike the last person that "barrowed" information, lol. Thank you to all the Focus Group members once again for letting our voice be heard and helping to make this the best car it can be.:patriot::5go:

·
Registered
71 Posts
You should definitely address some of the comments...like the one about the LS2. I don't know how many times I've heard that one. The engine is at the end of it's life cycle.

And you should just throw in another plug for 5thGen.org! The Resource for 5th Gen Camaro Info

·
Registered
71 Posts
One of the comments says:
Expect a couple of V6's and a V8 to start, with a 525hp S/C'd LS8 in the top-end model (out a year later, along with the convertible).
LINK

I guess I'm out of the loop, but I haven't heard anything about an LS8. Any comments?

·
Registered
620 Posts
One of the comments says:

LINK

I guess I'm out of the loop, but I haven't heard anything about an LS8. Any comments?
someone is guessing, GM has not confirmed anything yet. All that is known right now after this focus group meeting is that yes there is a V6 and a V8, as for which models they are not saying just yet.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
WOW thats great they ran Octane's comments. I just don't get some of the comments sometimes. GM has clearly said pricing will compete with mustang. I guess the simple thing to do is visit ford's site and build a stang or go look at window stickers. :BangHead:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
WOW thats great they ran Octane's comments. I just don't get some of the comments sometimes. GM has clearly said pricing will compete with mustang. I guess the simple thing to do is visit ford's site and build a stang or go look at window stickers. :BangHead:
Yeah, and although I think Jinx's comments in another thread about worrying what is "competitive" are a little bit "sky is falling" premature (no offense, Jinx), I do think he has a point when he was basically asking, will the 300hp V6 Camaro be in line price-wise with the 300hp V8 Mustang GT? Are the accountants comparing HP or cylinders?

I know the Mustang GT is getting a refresh, and an extra 100 hp, but will their price (because of that) go up as well? I mean, the reason the Mustang is so cheap is because it has a solid rear axle (built by a company NOT on strike), and a 4.6L engine that has been out since before my kids were born.

With gas prices so high (and only gonna keep going up), people (not me) are going to be afraid to spend a lot on a car that they have to spend a lot on at the gas station.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
FWIW:

It's also now up on FQuick:
http://www.fquick.com/blog/Impressions_from_the_Camaro_Focus_Group_/1756

And on CarDomain:
http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2008/05/camaro-focus-gr.html

Possibly more to come.

I'm happy to hear all the feedback.
Alot of people are worries about some details of the car, and that's a good thing for alot of reasons.... Mainly, it shows how widespread the enthusiasm is about this car. And secondly, it makes GM know that they need to get the car right (and they have!)

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
"Octane is a moderator over at ls1tech." - Ummm......

·
Registered
70 Posts
Shirt from Oshawa Plant/LS? Engine

I am a GM employee in Missouri. I have a friend that works at the Oshawa Truck plant. He sent me the two latest Camaro shirts available at the employee store and the front of one says LS3 engines. I'll send Octane a couple pictures of the shirt.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Yeah, and although I think Jinx's comments in another thread about worrying what is "competitive" are a little bit "sky is falling" premature (no offense, Jinx), I do think he has a point when he was basically asking, will the 300hp V6 Camaro be in line price-wise with the 300hp V8 Mustang GT? Are the accountants comparing HP or cylinders?

I know the Mustang GT is getting a refresh, and an extra 100 hp, but will their price (because of that) go up as well? I mean, the reason the Mustang is so cheap is because it has a solid rear axle (built by a company NOT on strike), and a 4.6L engine that has been out since before my kids were born.

With gas prices so high (and only gonna keep going up), people (not me) are going to be afraid to spend a lot on a car that they have to spend a lot on at the gas station.
No offense taken. I just wanted to put my concern out there in the open. The question is, like you said, are the accountants comparing HP or cylinders? That going to make a very big difference. I hate to sound negative or "sky is falling", (I understand no price has been made final, but someone has to have a general idea or ballpark number) but its an issue that hasnt been throughly address to the public. The phrase "trim for trim" is misleading and vivid. I like to be proven wrong in every respect.

I love to be able to buy a 400hp+ V8 car for around 28k. But we havent been given any hope on that. GM could make a 700hp Camaro, but it all boils down to price.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
I can understand that side when I think of some of the comparisons I've seen magazines do. I would like to think GM would be comparing a base v6 camaro to a base v6 stang.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts