Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work where I bought my car. Well I haven't actually bought it yet. I ordered it and it's landed but I can't take delivery until my lease is up (or my last payment is made depending on weather) which is APril 9th for payments and May 9th for when I HAVE to hand the keys to the SS/SC cobalt back. My General manager asked if I'd let him sell mine since he just got an additional 7 Camaro's allotted. He swears they will be in on time for my May 9th deadline. I followed everything with mine and have the last eight of the VIN emblazoned in my head and heart. Should I give in and let them sell it and order another one? I won't make many friends saying no either, but technically they can sell one of the unproduced ones instead, no? What a conundrum. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well maybe you could get the General manager to do something for you like paying for one of the options you want on a car or an additional option that maybe you decided not to order to save a few $$ but had condsidered ordering it. Maybe you could end up getting stripes for free or something like that. Just a suggestion.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Well maybe you could get the General manager to do something for you like paying for one of the options you want on a car or an additional option that maybe you decided not to order to save a few $$ but had condsidered ordering it. Maybe you could end up getting stripes for free or something like that. Just a suggestion.
My thought exactly. Sounds like this can turn into a negotiation!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THey didn't want to discount anything since they are in high demand and each dealer was getting x amount allotted. Now obviously that changed with more cars but they did give me some room, I don't think they'll be willing to give me more though. Never hurts to ask but if I say no if they do, then I'm a jerk LOL. At least I'm pretty sure that's how they'll see it. Thanks for the thoughts all. I like to see different viewpoints to see if I'm being silly or not.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hes got allocations, order another the way you want it with in your means, secure an agreement about a loaner car just incase there are delays and let them have it, be a team player and hopefully they will remember it. Besides the car will kill you sitting on the lot letting people demo/get thier hands allover it while you are waiting.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Hes got allocations, order another the way you want it with in your means, secure an agreement about a loaner car just incase there are delays and let them have it, be a team player and hopefully they will remember it. Besides the car will kill you sitting on the lot letting people demo/get thier hands allover it while you are waiting.
I agree. ^^^

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IT's locked away in our carwash out of the public eye thankfully. can't even get in to see it currently. I feel you on the team player bit, but I was rushed into placing my order since they only had 6 allocated to us. I now know it was to make sure GM saw we could move them and would give us more to sell. SO really I helped out and they knew from the start that I couldnt' take it right away...ARgh!!! LOL.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Meh...proof. I'd take his pretainted SB wins over decades mired in mediocrity but YAY CAmaros!! Heh.

·
Registered
738 Posts
If you care enough about the car to have the VIN emblazoned into your memory/heart, I wouldn't give in.

To me it's not about being a team player. I'm a car fanatic. Asking to take my car is like asking to take my heart. Yeah, that's right. Same thing to me.

There's some things you just don't ask me to do. Take my wife, my money, and my car. You can negotiate on the rest.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you followed the car, have the VIN memorized don't give it up, unless they give you something in return.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Lose the keys~ Put'm in your bosses coat pocket. No keys, no test drives, car doesn't move till new keys ordered! That should buy you some time..:lol:

·
Registered
157 Posts
If I knew a car I ordered was on the lot and people were test driving it that alone would kill me. When I order my car the day it comes in its mine nobody else will drive or set in it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts