Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I am not sure if anyone has had this issue so here it goes...
I have a 2010 Camaro V6 with exactly 32,746 miles. I noticed when it gets really hot outside my odometer on the left side sticks and will not fully register.:( It looks like it's trying and will make a little clicking noise. Sometimes while driving it will "un-stick" and catch up. For the past few days it has not done this and I am concerned. I want to take it in but im curious if this issue would be considered under warranty. I included a link of a video to show exactly what happens. Any ideas / suggestions would be helpful!

http://vid22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/amyroxs/IMG_2064_zpsb4d61335.mp4

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Unless you bought an extended warranty it would be out due to time. So no factory warranty. Not a common deal with Camaro's but the little stepper motor in the back that works the speedometer is prolly going out, that is why it clicks. Heat prolly expands the plastic of the motor and makes it worse. Only fix is to replace the cluster unit as a whole, and it has to be programmed by the dealer. A new cluster should be around $285-350 depending on how nice the parts manager wants to be. Shouldn't have to spend more than 1.5 hours total for install and programming at whatever the dealers hourly rate is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I am hoping not to spend an arm and a leg. It's just a shame since my car has less than 33,000 on it to have this happen :(

Unless you bought an extended warranty it would be out due to time. So no factory warranty. Not a common deal with Camaro's but the little stepper motor in the back that works the speedometer is prolly going out, that is why it clicks. Heat prolly expands the plastic of the motor and makes it worse. Only fix is to replace the cluster unit as a whole, and it has to be programmed by the dealer. A new cluster should be around $285-350 depending on how nice the parts manager wants to be. Shouldn't have to spend more than 1.5 hours total for install and programming at whatever the dealers hourly rate is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts