Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Was talking to a buddy and he let one drop that I hadn't heard about. He stated that the 2010 SS was alarm ready in the ECU.

If this is true what parts would need to be bought to make it ready to go? If false let me know and I will kick him in his nuts hahahaha :lol: .

·
Registered
62 Posts
By "alarm" did he mean the content theft system? I'm not sure but I would assume the Camaro would have that.

Now correct me if I am wrong (I know some will) but it's like if you leave your windows open and doors locked then reach inside and manually unlock the door the horns starts with short beeps unless you put the key in the ignition. If you fail to turn the ignition on within a specified amount of time the horn will sound with a more alarming urgency.

Ask him if that is what he means.

Dave

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was getting ready to kick it at lunch today. Before I did he showed me. Yeah, he meant content theft system LOL :(.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My 2010 1SS came with an alarm from the factory. What do you mean by "the ECU is alarm ready"? Do you mean the electrcal control unit? All SS's come with alarms. So give him a good kick in the nuts just like Cartman would do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts