1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I'm curious ... are these manuals like "Service for Dummies" where there are pretty good step by step directions or do you really have to be a mechanic to understand them?

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're copies of the factory service manuals.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
right, got that ... but having never seen a factory service manual, I was wondering how much one needs to know before they are useful ... thus my dummies example ... do they show where something is and give detail on how to fix it specifically?
or do you have to know what everything is before you can even come close to being in the ballpark?

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dunno. Just provided the link for those interested.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Thanks Doug, these are the very best books for your auto. I have bought these before for every car or truck that I have owned and they paid for themselfs many times. Diagrams are very good and documentation very good but there are some "codes" in places with arrows pointing to diagrams that you will learn to use.

I recommmend anyone who wants to work on their own auto to get one of these first, pricey but you get what you pay for. IMO.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have also purchased books from Helms....as a matter of fact, it is usually not just one book, but multiple....for my s15 crew cab, there were 4 2" thick books....and it goes more into details than any Chiltons or Haynes books ever did....These are good books, but pricey....I want to say it was 125.00 for the s15 books....but WELL WORTH THE PRICE....

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Thanks for the feedback ... might have to invest in a set down the road

1 - 8 of 8 Posts