1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.pizzamarketplace.com/article.php?id=15713

Papa John's fires back in Camaro dispute

03 Sep 2009

Papa John's has filed a civil action in Jefferson County Circuit Court in Louisville, Ky., asking for a judgment that its Camaro contest was valid, according to a story on WHAS-AM radio.

The action is in response to a woman who says her family deserves a larger portion of the $250,000 prize for finding a car that once belonged to Papa John's founder John Schnatter.

According to the story:

Billie Slone says Schnatter sold the 1971 Camaro to her husband, who sold it several years ago. She says she called Papa John's to report the car's location and owner and claim the prize the company had offered in its car search contest. But last month, the company awarded the prize to Jeff Robinson of Flatwoods, Ky., who came forward as the car's owner.

Papa John's spokesman Chris Sternberg said the contest rules required the winner to transfer title to the company.

The Slones refused an offer of a $25,000 finder's fee, but because they're threatening a lawsuit, the company had no choice but to file a civil action in court Wednesday, Sternberg said.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
SUE EVERYONE...the American way.:patriot:

greedy morons...hope they get nothing.:bs:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
greedy morons...hope they get nothing.:bs:
Read it again -- It's actually Papa John's who is taking suit to the person who tipped them. This is to cover their behinds as the "greedy morons" were not grateful enough with a $25,000 finders fee.

I, too, hope they get nothing.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Read it again -- It's actually Papa John's who is taking suit to the person who tipped them. This is to cover their behinds as the "greedy morons" were not grateful enough with a $25,000 finders fee.

I, too, hope they get nothing.
well yeah, either-way...sue everyone.;)

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I noticed back when the contest was first announced that he said he was going to give the person who FOUND his car $250,000, yet the rules stated something slightly different. I read the rules and went "Hmmm...That's poorly written...It's going to cause trouble."

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
We got a free pizza....we got ours. Maybe that's what they should get too. A free pizza. Two topping though... :)

·
barbarianmotorsports
422 Posts
thats what i hate about these people who sit there and try to sue for every little thing. they don't deserve anything not even a pizza. take the 25k and be happy.

here is a contest for 1 million dollars. maybe those guys are listening. i am going to give the person how finds a person with 3 balls , 3 eyeballs , 3 tongues , and it has to be a female , but who am i going the award to the person who finds it or the person who has these.

just kiding for those lawyers. no a really contest . read the fine print . its so fine i cant even read it. lol

·
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed back when the contest was first announced that he said he was going to give the person who FOUND his car $250,000, yet the rules stated something slightly different. I read the rules and went "Hmmm...That's poorly written...It's going to cause trouble."
He is a smart business man, I'd assume he had a solid set of rules setup for something like that, guess we'll find out.

I also read it all summer as a finders fee leading to him locating the car he owned. It did not sound like it would be the purchase price to the current owner, but an award to the person leading him to the vehicle...

·
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to say the more I read about this the more I think Papa John's may be in the wrong. Unless we see the actual print behind the agreement, it was understood by many in the online community this was a finders fee. I was even surprised when he gave the $250K to the owner when someone else sent them to the current owner (the finder IMO).

It would be interesting to see the paperwork if there is any.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts