Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the go-ahead from my legal department. Off to the dealer with a deposit, the Camaro Scotty Check List, and the print-out from the Chevy website. I will be ordering a 1SS/RS with the BA audio upgrade. Never thought this day would come!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back - Ordered - Supplier Price - Now the waiting begins. She (the saleswoman) tells me 6-8 weeks. Looking at late May. Now the list of mods can be prioritized. I will not need to smog the car for 5 years, so the AHR LT's are a given. I will figure out how to register the car in Nevada in the next five!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why are you registering it in nevada?
1. Headers will not pass visual inspection for emissions. They are not CARB certified. Don't want to take that chance.

2. Registration fees in NV are really cheap. Like $70 vs $588 in CA.

3. A former student is a cop in Vegas and I can use his address.

Once the headers go on, it is only a matter of time before the mods gets crazy. Heads/Cam, MagnaCharger ... It may never pass CA Emissions! :eek:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
1. Headers will not pass visual inspection for emissions. They are not CARB certified. Don't want to take that chance.

2. Registration fees in NV are really cheap. Like $70 vs $588 in CA.

3. A former student is a cop in Vegas and I can use his address.

Once the headers go on, it is only a matter of time before the mods gets crazy. Heads/Cam, MagnaCharger ... It may never pass CA Emissions! :eek:
hahaha
i can't wait to see that

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Congrats!!!!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on your order!!! You already know you're gonna love it, whats the first mod going on it?
ARH Headers, Heritage Grill, Custom Painted Stripes, Coil-overs/Hotchkis lowering kit and new "shooz" (yet to be determined - want to run at least 285 on all four corners.) Heads and a cam later this year (or next summer if I can appropriate the funds for the MagnaCharger. Figure if the motor is going to be apart anyway, why not drop the Maggie in.) :eek:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
ARH Headers, Heritage Grill, Custom Painted Stripes, Coil-overs/Hotchkis lowering kit and new "shooz" (yet to be determined - want to run at least 285 on all four corners.) Heads and a cam later this year (or next summer if I can appropriate the funds for the MagnaCharger. Figure if the motor is going to be apart anyway, why not drop the Maggie in.) :eek:
A plan of action, that's a good thing :thumbsup:

Lookin forward to your future posts on your ride.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update

Event code 3400!

Am I nuts

... UPS is scheduled to deliever a package today containing a new shifter from MGW. My car has not even been built and I already have my first mod! The plan is still ARH Headers, Heritage Grill, Custom Painted Stripes, Coil-overs/Hotchkis lowering kit ...

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Event code 3400!

Am I nuts

... UPS is scheduled to deliever a package today containing a new shifter from MGW. My car has not even been built and I already have my first mod! The plan is still ARH Headers, Heritage Grill, Custom Painted Stripes, Coil-overs/Hotchkis lowering kit ...

Cool its geting there :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts