Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!! :D :D

The official date is Monday, October 13, 2008!

That's the day when all Chevrolet dealers can start to accept orders for the 2010 Camaro. :cool:

That being said, the orders won't be officially "dropped" (aka sent in to the plant) until mid-December.
So if you order a 2010 Camaro between October 13 and the drop date (specific date will be announced soon) you have the freedom to CHANGE your order up until that time.

I have already requested October 13 off work, I'll be at the dealer that day. :)

Woohoo!!!! :roxor:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!! :D :D

The official date is Monday, October 13, 2008!

That's the day when all Chevrolet dealers can start to accept orders for the 2010 Camaro. :cool:

That being said, the orders won't be officially "dropped" (aka sent in to the plant) until mid-December.
So if you order a 2010 Camaro between October 13 and the drop date (specific date will be announced soon) you have the freedom to CHANGE your order up until that time.

I have already requested October 13 off work, I'll be at the dealer that day. :)

Woohoo!!!! :roxor:
BAAAAAA... They changed it to make me look bad!!!!

;)

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Someone mentioned that when the GTO was released, there was late pricing, and general confusion.

As we draw closer, I get nervous knowing at a meeting in CHI-TOWN, they tell dealers OCT 15th. Then a day or two later in Indy they say the 13th.

Now, with an IDL just days before the 13th, I REALLY hope this isn't when we learn of the options and how they are packaged. I can't imagine what my days will be like between the IDL & Oct 13th. Now I love the car and all, but I really don't like the looks of this. And no mention of DEMO UNITS.....PFFFFT!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been lurking sometime and I took the time just now to call around the area. Each dealership I called basically told me they didn't have clue about the order date. lol How do you guys do it? Anyway...The camaro has me locked in and I can't wait.

·
Registered
26 Posts
nobody knows a thing in new york. one guy didnt even see the salesman help guide. chevy get on your toes!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I don't know what to do. I want a "Top-Dog" or a convertible Camaro. I could order a V6 RS on the 13th to drive a couple years and hand it down to my daughter.

:BangHead: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have been lurking sometime and I took the time just now to call around the area. Each dealership I called basically told me they didn't have clue about the order date. lol How do you guys do it? Anyway...The camaro has me locked in and I can't wait.
Chevrolet has not officially said anything to dealerships yet so that is why no one knows whats going on. The salesmen on the board and a lot of the members here know just because we follow closely whats going on at shows and the few insiders that leak little bits of info now and then.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I want to order white with orange stripes and the orange interior. SS/RS LS3/M6. Blue stripes and blue interior would be better if that is an option.

I still don't understand is "interim" white available for launch then going away? does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I don't know what to do. I want a "Top-Dog" or a convertible Camaro. I could order a V6 RS on the 13th to drive a couple years and hand it down to my daughter.

:BangHead: :confused: :confused: :confused:
buy two of them :) or buy her a used one when she can drive. Man I wish was your son :lol:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I want to order white with orange stripes and the orange interior. SS/RS LS3/M6. Blue stripes and blue interior would be better if that is an option.

I still don't understand is "interim" white available for launch then going away? does anyone know?
White won't be available at launch........it won't be out until June/July.

I'll be ordering:

Black SS/RS with the LS3 and 6 speed along with the Inferno Orange Accent Package. Also gonna get the Boston Acoustics stereo along with the USB and Bluetooth if those aren't standard.

As for accessories, depending on what's out in wave 1, I'll definitely be getting the Hurst short throw shifter and car cover.

·
Registered
9 Posts
well that really makes sense, order a car that you don't know how much it's going to cost. no wonder our country is in a finaical tailspin!

·
Registered
37 Posts
WHATS UP WITH HUD
When I was at Indy at the unveiling I was test driving the Caddy CST with HUD, which was kinda hard to see and the GM guy that rode in the car with me pulled out this paper and said HUD would be out in 2011 on the convertable. Now I will order it (unless the price is crazy) just because it will be available.

I am ordering in 2010 because I was the 2011 black convertable SS with the orange/blk interior. The rest of the options I will decide once I see what else is available with the convertable. I plan to find a way to order something that requires a special build so I don't have to get what is on the lot.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
so when is the pricing coming out
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:Nooooooooooo....not another "pricing" debacle!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
471 Posts
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:Nooooooooooo....not another "pricing" debacle!!!!:eek:
I know..it's like these people are hired to drive us insane.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I know..it's like these people are hired to drive us insane.
Yeah, between pricing threads re-run for the 1000th time or idiot toyota geeks trolling, it's really getting tiresome.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Haha, just checked Sawyers Chevy in Dewitt, MI where I'll probably be ordering from and they say they are already taking orders but it's under the heading "Mustang Repellent" next to their offers for bug repellent service.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.