Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2010 LT RS Camaro, manual trans yesterday. I got an oil change yesterday. The car runs fine and there was no leak or smell yesterday or today, but this evening, oil leaked a little and I can smell it burning. I didn't run it hard at all. The drips are on the drivers side. I'm pretty bummed right now.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
You didn't take it to one of those quickie oil change places, did you?

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Get it to a dealer. ASAP
God knows what WalMart did to it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
They probably just spilled oil onto and near the exhaust when they changed the filter. Probably not a big deal, but if its still under warranty, it won't cost anything to get it checked out. Then find a better place for oil changes :D

Also, and I know it sounds like a thing from the past, but make sure you check your oil level at least every other gas fill-up.

- Jeremy :chevy:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just came back from driving it. There is definately oil leaking on the drivers side of the motor toward the bottom. Is that where the oil filter is?

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
They probably didn't seal the cartridge together properly and now it's leaking down the driver's side onto the exhaust manifold..etc
I'd bring it to the dealer if they aren't too far. Just keep an eye on the level 'til you can get it serviced.

I did a search and here are some pictures...

It is not under the car in the V6, but it is on the driver side, and it is in accessed from the engine bay.

It's not a normal 1 piece filter, It is a cartridge filter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am taking it to a mechanic today to check it out. If it is simple, I'll have him fix it. I made an appointment with a dealer, but it isn't until Dec 26. Hopefully I am happy this evening, but at least I'll know.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Lesson learned I hope.

I'm glad it was a cheap lesson.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Odds are they never changed the gasket. Also tells me they never started the car, gave it gas and checked for a leak. I manage a Castrol shop and see Walmart's work on a daily basis.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts