Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would say thats fine, the oil is fully synthetic so will be quite thin when warm-as long as you see a rise in pressure as soon as you increase the engine speed-you should be fine

·
Registered
220 Posts
You're not wrong-I just spent 10 mins trying to find out what exactly the bloody tyre pressures should be, I was sent from pillar to post and still couldn't bloody find it!!! I know it's on a plate by the drivers door lock now-I went onto Onstar to find it!!! Very disappointing manual-unless I was stupid enough to not understand how to wear a bloody seat belt, it seems the manual is tits on fish!!!

Oh sorry for the thread jack!!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
FWIW, my 2SS runs around 40 at idle and at 50-55 under acceleration.

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I agree with the above statements on it looking fine at idle. If it stays there when RPM increases, I'd worry a bit. But if it goes up to 40 or above at speed, you should be fine. I wonder how accurate these gages are anyway.

If in doubt, take it in and have it checked. It's your car, you have to drive it, and GM has to ensure you're another satisfied customer. Shouldn't take them but a couple of minutes to check it out for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts