Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok dealer has 2010 rally yellow with white strips 2SS/RS 6 speed manual sun roof, with 2000miles for 29.990.
Whats the difference between a 10 and a 12. this one has bluetooth back up sensors and putting in a rear view camera. The camera disables onstar so will the bluetooth work?
is it still 426hp

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also can the gloss gray panels on the doors and dash be taken out to be painted yellow?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The LS3 is 426 hp and it came from the factory on all SS models with the manual trans. So yes, it is 426 hp. And that car was barely driven. I think that is a GREAT price. But then again, there's nothing better than getting an even better deal. As far as the back-up camera disabling Bluetooth, I don't know for sure. Hopefully someone else will know.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Why would the camera disable onstar if they do it right it shouldn't disable either one. I installed a camera and my onstar still works. Its all in the wiring sounds to me like someone doesn't want to do it. Yes the panels can be taken off and painted.

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
That's a great price, but for a few thousand more you can get a car with a full factory warranty.

RED FLAG #1... Bluetooth and OnStar should still work if whoever installed the back up camera knew what they were doing.

Search for other RED FLAGS... look inside the rear wheel wells and underneath for signs of rubber, traction goop from the strip(could be 2000 hard miles), signs of abuse, flood damage(under the carpeting), etc.

Remember, if a deal is too good be true... it usually is. Car Fax is only as good as the people who report to it. Many don't.

·
Registered
394 Posts
or can be a buy back vehicle.. look into it really well...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
If its GM certified you get an extra year of warranty 4yrs 48,000 miles. Good price IMHO

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
If its GM certified you get an extra year of warranty 4yrs 48,000 miles. Good price IMHO
GM Certified is from the date you purchase the vehicle to 1 year or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Since the Camaro is a 2010, odds are the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty is over because that starts from the original owner's purchase date. The power train warranty is still in effect until the original purchase date anniversary in 2015 or 2014(if the car was originally purchased in 2009) or when the car hits 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
ok dealer has 2010 rally yellow with white strips 2SS/RS 6 speed manual sun roof, with 2000miles for 29.990.
Whats the difference between a 10 and a 12. this one has bluetooth back up sensors and putting in a rear view camera. The camera disables onstar so will the bluetooth work?
is it still 426hp
There are many differences between a 10 and a 12. EG: Steering wheel, HUD, door lock/window switches, DIC/Radio display etc... yes it is 426hp for a manual...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
GM Certified is from the date you purchase the vehicle to 1 year or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
That is not entirely true. My girlfriend purchased a 2011 Malibu LTZ with 19,000 miles on it. It was a GM Certified Pre-Owned. She still had 17,000 miles remaining on the factory warranty and about two years roughly, at the time of purchase. Her additional 1 year/12,000 miles won't kick in until her 3 year/36,000 mile warranty is over.

Another words, her GM Certified Warranty did not take in effect the date she purchased her car. In fact, we have paperwork stating that the CPO Warranty is in addition too....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Why would the camera disable onstar if they do it right it shouldn't disable either one. I installed a camera and my onstar still works. Its all in the wiring sounds to me like someone doesn't want to do it. Yes the panels can be taken off and painted.
I agree, I bet someone is trying to get him away from installing one. Adding a camera shouldn't stop anything else from not working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
door panels

must remove entire door panel to get plastic panel out, be careful you don't crack them quite pricey then paint

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i didnt get any email to say I had replies to this. i have it set for instant reply. they said they have 2 mirrors 1 is $499 and does not retain onstar the other is $799 to retain onstar. but it does not matter another sales person sold the car while I was working out financing. not cool. but I pick up a new silver 12 2SS/RS tomorrow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts