Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell is with the sun visor? Is it really meant to do ANYTHING? Bad enough they didn't put a little light with the mirror (wife's complaint), but that thing is so small and impotent, it won't block the sun EVER.

Okay, I can imagine the responses now--get sunglasses, tint your windows, etc. And yes, these are legitimate solutions, but the overriding principle stands: WHAT WAS GM THINKING??? The visors are so bad, why did they even bother installing them?? :confused:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I LOVE the visors...I am tall, if they were any bigger, with it down it would block the whole windshield...at least from my POV. :eek:

If that's your biggest complaint about the car, I think you're doing OK.:thumbsup:

and yeah, the car is so cool, you gotta wear shades.;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey ... if the sunvisors weren't there where would you hang yer garage door opener or your radar detector?

Actually, I'm with PowerFreak on this one. I'm 6' tall and if I lower the sunvisor I can't see. May make my driving better but lacks alot in the scenery department. ;)

My Passport Wideband R/L unit hangs very nicely on the sunvisor and looks out the windshield just under the etching. Like it was made for it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The sunvisor isn't totally useless. It depends on what time of day you're using it though. It was handy this morning for me but yesterday evening, the sun was already down far enough that it wouldn't help.

I wish the car had map lights either on the rearview mirror or the overhead console. The one light up there doesn't cut it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Funny you mention them, i just used mine today...seemed to work ok for me - maybe just the morning sun at 7am was in the right spot.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Visors are hit or miss just like any other visor. Lights on the visor, nah, you can keep that. Just one more senseless thing the car doesnt need, like 6 airbags.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
:lol: yeah, those sunvisors are pretty useless to me for blocking the sun too. i sit with my seat pretty far leaned back tho so i kinda blame myself a teeny bit... but no way in hell am i sitting straight backed like a granny in a sexy ass 5th gen. i'll just rock the shades when the sun is low in the sky.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey ... if the sunvisors weren't there where would you hang yer garage door opener or your radar detector?

Actually, I'm with PowerFreak on this one. I'm 6' tall and if I lower the sunvisor I can't see. May make my driving better but lacks alot in the scenery department. ;)

My Passport Wideband R/L unit hangs very nicely on the sunvisor and looks out the windshield just under the etching. Like it was made for it.

Why do you need a garage door opener? Use the one in your car.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Maybe if you're shorter than me (6'1") I can understand why they might not block enough sun, but for me the view through the window is narrow enough that I'd be unable to see street lights or signs if they were any longer,

Oh, and on the topic of sitting way back in stylin position, I'd rather be able to see the road and the curbs in front of me, for fear of scratching me rims.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The sunvisor isn't totally useless. It depends on what time of day you're using it though. It was handy this morning for me but yesterday evening, the sun was already down far enough that it wouldn't help.

I wish the car had map lights either on the rearview mirror or the overhead console. The one light up there doesn't cut it.
Agree about the lights. I guess I've been spoiled driving Hondas since 1997--they make great cars inside and out!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts