Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
You know there is something so special about classic Muscle

Anyone that has the cash can buy a Camaro....but all the history and stories wrapped up in a classic like that Nova is priceless. Great pic!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Dreammy and everyone else’s nice comments. Actually this Nova does have some good history. It was originally a Lease car though a dealership outside of Boston and was ordered as a 4 speed, Bench Seat, 12 Bolt posi, Tinted glass, 327. It was not the 350 hp version, but an odd combo for a lease car. It was later purchased outright and drove on the street for a few years and was raced at the local track. The wheel wells were cut out to run slicks and the original motor was modified. It was actually one of the top cars to beat in the south shore till the motor blew. It was put in storage for about 20 years and I ended buying it back in the 90’s through a person that wanted to restore it, but decided not to. Only had 37,000 on it.
I drove it for about 10 years on the street and then turn it into a NHRA Stocker. Haven’t won that first big race (came close a few times), but did hold the national NHRA record for my class for 2 years 07-08.
The car is a blast to drive and I missed driving it on the street. The new Camaro is fulfilling that need with no problem……..life is good now :)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Thanks Dreammy and everyone else’s nice comments. Actually this Nova does have some good history. It was originally a Lease car though a dealership outside of Boston and was ordered as a 4 speed, Bench Seat, 12 Bolt posi, Tinted glass, 327. It was not the 350 hp version, but an odd combo for a lease car. It was later purchased outright and drove on the street for a few years and was raced at the local track. The wheel wells were cut out to run slicks and the original motor was modified. It was actually one of the top cars to beat in the south shore till the motor blew. It was put in storage for about 20 years and I ended buying it back in the 90’s through a person that wanted to restore it, but decided not to. Only had 37,000 on it.
I drove it for about 10 years on the street and then turn it into a NHRA Stocker. Haven’t won that first big race (came close a few times), but did hold the national NHRA record for my class for 2 years 07-08.
The car is a blast to drive and I missed driving it on the street. The new Camaro is fulfilling that need with no problem……..life is good now :)
even better with the history, 66 67 are on my one day wish list

·
Registered
44 Posts
Beautiful cars....but love the Nova,brings back memories of my brother's Nova..thanks for sharing,and nudging my memory!!! lol :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi don,
Met you at the races a few weeks ago and have seen your car(nova) in action for a couple years now.
You helped me out when my car brokedown(wink,wink,nudge,nudge) and just wanted to thank you again for your time and patients.
You are a class act and I owe ya!
Looking forward to watching your stocker at the track again.
nice pics!
john

·
8,984 Posts
I am loving the Chevy II. A family member had one of the 14 or 15 of Jenkins Chevy IIs, but let it sit and did nothing with it. It was sold 15 years ago for 15k with no motor or tranny, JUST because it was one of those cars.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts