Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just read in popular hot rodding mag. that due to the gas guzzling laws chevy MAY be limited to 7,500 v8,s in the camaro the first year.this sucks IF its true.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Not really. Being as I own a car that was supposed to be part of a limited number made only to see the darn thing everywhere, I like the idea of not seeing the same car at every other light. Keep it just a little bit rare. I can dig it. Makes it more special in my opinion.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think 7,500 is probably a bit conservative. That said, that's not a super limited run however. GM is expecting to make 75K or so a year I think, with hopes of 100K a year if everything goes well.

That would be about 10% V8's. That's really not a limited run, More like a read on the precentage of how many people they would think would buy a V6 vs V8. If you think that only 10% of your costumers would want/afford V8's, then that is how many you will build.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Well..you buy a honda..you will see them everywhere.

They're like cockroaches.
;)
Yeah, Nick, but cockroaches don't RUST!!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
328 Posts
good

gooooood :patriot:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Again, another thread started by people in magazines stating opinions. It drives me crazy that these people can say whatever they want in their magazine.

See my thread on how bad Motor Trend's article was....
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4885

·
Registered
71 Posts
Octane,

Can we add this info to the FACTS page?

Another post came up this morning where someone was asking the exact same thing. I understand that a lot of people don't spend as much time on here as others, but if this kind of info were posted on a page that I expect most everyone looks at, it might cut down on these types of questions.

Thanks!

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
these 'rumors' or 'written facts' drive me up the wall..........

........................past the pictures.........................

.................................AND ON TO THE CEILING.......................

NOT TRUE -- and I can't imagine why they'd print something like that.

V8s will not be limited to 7,500 units or 10,000 units -- if we did that, you'd be ready to string us up!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

V8s will not be limited to 7,500 units or 10,000 units -- if we did that, you'd be ready to string us up!

A lot of people still want to string yall up after canning the f-bods in the first place.

And I'm contemplating it considering there's still no 5spd for the 5 cylinder colorado. ;)

*thread hijack*

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
78 Posts

I love it when he speaks!!!

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I love it when he speaks!!!
We all do!

The problem is, the car magazines no longer report the news, but speculate. And they've gotten worse at it as the technology has gotten better and better. They could guess before, but now they just sound silly. Unfortunately, there will be a constant flow of people who read these magazines, think that they are speaking the gospel, and come in here with questions that we've already addressed or dispelled. I know this, because I used to believe the magazines myself, until I started researching and finally realized, they are blowing smoke to sell magazines. Even the "comparisons" end up with subjective results deciding the final winners.

Sorry, rant over.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
We all do!

The problem is, the car magazines no longer report the news, but speculate. And they've gotten worse at it as the technology has gotten better and better. They could guess before, but now they just sound silly. Unfortunately, there will be a constant flow of people who read these magazines, think that they are speaking the gospel, and come in here with questions that we've already addressed or dispelled. I know this, because I used to believe the magazines myself, until I started researching and finally realized, they are blowing smoke to sell magazines. Even the "comparisons" end up with subjective results deciding the final winners.

Sorry, rant over.
Or if you just hang around here for a month and see 4 threads asking the same question pop up. ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

sorry,i didnt want stir up stuff but i trust what the magazines print...cant they get in trouble for printing false statements?with the new gas laws i thought it may have been a close guess.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts