Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning,
I guess this would be the right place to ask this since it is a general forum.

Does anyone have the Onstar Remotelink application running on a Android phone running V4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)? I have a Droid Razr Maxx with ICS and when I try to install the app from the market place it says my phone is not supported. Google searching has revealed little information, but I do see that some are running ICS so the OS is supported on the app and some are using the Razr so i know the hardware is supported.

Anyone using this or have any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is a file you need to modify in order to get it to install on any phone that is not one of the 4 or 5 supported models. The problem is the resolution of the phone. The onstar app only supports phones that have a specific resolution. I forget what the file is but if you search for the xda-developers website they will point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I got it. I had to side load that puppy. Working like a champ now.

Hypurone, I agree I dig me some ICS, both the OS and the treat! :)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Thanks guys I got it. I had to side load that puppy. Working like a champ now.

Hypurone, I agree I dig me some ICS, both the OS and the treat! :)
Heheh, yeah. What are you using to replace the omitted voice dialer for Bluetooth? I am using Vlingo now not sure I like it all that well. I only need it for use in my old Chevy Silverado that doesn't have built-in Bluetooth. The Camaro and Camry pair and work via voice commands just fine...

I have heard mixed reviews on Cyberon Voice Commander and since it "might" be used once a month, don't really wanna have to buy a paid app...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts