Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about Onstar and Verizon Wireless phones. I just got off with Onstar, they told me that they cannot transfer a old number from another GM Vehicle that I traded.
My question is, Did Onstar and Verizon Wireless cut their ways? and Onstar is pushing prepaid minutes?
Because today, I went into my Verizon store, and they brought up that I could transfer the number, but Onstar said no. Now I have to go back to Verizon to have the number cancelled.
I like to know if I forgot my regular cell phone, that I have to use the prepaid minutes. I guess I am out in the blue on this.
Did Onstar and Verizon cut their ways?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have a question about Onstar and Verizon Wireless phones. I just got off with Onstar, they told me that they cannot transfer a old number from another GM Vehicle that I traded.
My question is, Did Onstar and Verizon Wireless cut their ways? and Onstar is pushing prepaid minutes?
Because today, I went into my Verizon store, and they brought up that I could transfer the number, but Onstar said no. Now I have to go back to Verizon to have the number cancelled.
I like to know if I forgot my regular cell phone, that I have to use the prepaid minutes. I guess I am out in the blue on this.
Did Onstar and Verizon cut their ways?
I do not quite understand your question. I have Verizon and I use it in my car using the Bluetooth Sync. I do not use the Onstar prepaid minutes. What exactly are you trying to accomplish here, using your phone through the car system? If so then you need to use the radio and go to Phone settings and sync your car with your phone. Note* your phone has to have Bluetooth technology in order to use it. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
verizon

he's trying to say that you used to be able to link your verizon minutes with onstar so you could use onstar with your verizon minutes to make calls even if you did not have your phone in the car.Can't do it anymore.

·
Supporting Camaro Focus Group Member
66 Posts
as far as I know, nothing has changed between Onstar and VzW. I just logged into my OnStar account, and they have info there for the VZ Nationwide calling plans.

·
Registered
19 Posts
verizon

It has changed,onstar is no longer affiliated with verizon.I called onstar to try to link with my verizon acct,they told me they don't do it anymore.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My car is linked to my Verizon account for $10 a month. I did this the first day I received the car as they were trying to sell me minutes. It actually worked out last night as I went out for take out and left my Blackberry at home. Thought I was lost for a minute then remembered I can still make a call home to see what the wife wanted.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sorry to those of you who can no longer link your car to your Verizon account. It says on their website that they are no longer accpeting new customers to the program but current customers will still have it linked to their account. I am glad I got in when I did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts