Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
That sounds like an impressive system. I dont want it because its a short step from there to actually controlling the speed you are going.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Impressive, alright. And I'm glad GM did it first...

But I don't like it. It will encourage people to not pay attention, which is the exact opposite of what needs to be done. If you seriously can't pay attention to speed-limit signs, let alone road signs of any sort, you shouldn't be driving. And you sure as hell shouldn't have a computer to compensate for your inabilities.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
"the system begins to recognize and repeatedly read signs at 100 meters. It starts by focusing on circular patterns then identifies the numbers inside them via contour comparison."

I'm going to make my own signs that say "100" on them, and just start putting them randomly around. :D

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
...It will encourage people to not pay attention, which is the exact opposite of what needs to be done. If you seriously can't pay attention to speed-limit signs, let alone road signs of any sort, you shouldn't be driving. And you sure as hell shouldn't have a computer to compensate for your inabilities.
I agree.

While I'm sure the intent of this system is increased awareness and safety, this is exactly how people will use it probably.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts