Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys,

If anyone remembers that GTA I had, well since I've not gotten the details on a paticular car I was really interested in, I'm settling for the '88. I'm really thinking about buying it back, and it needs paint to be close to done.

I am a sucker for white and wanted something a little different. I was thinking about making a Tribute Trans Am to the '69 T/A.

('69 TA)

Could I make that look good with this?

(not actual car)

The idea is still up in the air and whether I really want it or not.
You think it's dumb to make a car look like something it's not? The car has no resale value being a R-Title so why not have fun with it. We could probably fab a Z28 wing on the back to make it closer the the '69 and maybe even a big carb'd motor instead of the 355 TPI. The fenders on the GTA are stock firebird fenders so I'd get those '69 vents for the fenders, maybe a ram air hood?

Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: I would not go to shows slinging this around as a heritage package or anything dumb like that. *Cough* *Cough*

·
Registered
746 Posts
hey guys,

If anyone remembers that GTA I had, well since I've not gotten the details on a paticular car I was really interested in, I'm settling for the '88. I'm really thinking about buying it back, and it needs paint to be close to done.

I am a sucker for white and wanted something a little different. I was thinking about making a Tribute Trans Am to the '69 T/A.

('69 TA)

Could I make that look good with this?

(not actual car)

The idea is still up in the air and whether I really want it or not.
You think it's dumb to make a car look like something it's not? The car has no resale value being a R-Title so why not have fun with it. We could probably fab a Z28 wing on the back to make it closer the the '69 and maybe even a big carb'd motor instead of the 355 TPI. The fenders on the GTA are stock firebird fenders so I'd get those '69 vents for the fenders, maybe a ram air hood?

Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: I would not go to shows slinging this around as a heritage package or anything dumb like that. *Cough* *Cough*
Well I dont know you Adam, nor do I know your level of capability of fabbing, painting, etc. My gut tells me, fromthe majority of your posts, that it is about a 0 out of 10, so getting a R-title car that needs paint,"fabbing" a Z28 wing,changing the motor, installing fender vents is going to end you with a 88 GTA thats worth even less than it was when you bought it,save that money for a better idea that you can actually drive....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well I dont know you Adam, nor do I know your level of capability of fabbing, painting, etc. My gut tells me, fromthe majority of your posts, that it is about a 0 out of 10, so getting a R-title car that needs paint,"fabbing" a Z28 wing,changing the motor, installing fender vents is going to end you with a 88 GTA thats worth even less than it was when you bought it,save that money for a better idea that you can actually drive....
well said. Bad idea. Anyway, it sounds like rice to me.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Perfectly said -- but all I could muster was "Meh" :lol:

·
2,774 Posts
GM has made many tribute cars..like the 15'th and the 20th and 25th cars..all on that theme..and for the price..you probably could get it cheaper than building one..

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts