Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We want to start downsizing for my wife's pre-retirement planning in about a year or so, so we decided to start with this one. I've been talking about it for the last year, but just can't seem to be 100% ok with letting it go. Probably never will be, but gotta do what's right for us.

Car in question: My wife's 2002 Camaro Z28, auto, 2.73 gears, ebony cloth interior in very good condition. About 29 mpg if you're easy on it on the highway. 74,667 one-owner miles. No wrecks and never raced or abused. Owned since new. Well maintained. Stock as a rock. Had the infamous glue bubbling top issue a couple of years in and entire top replaced under warranty. No bubbling. Added a Firebird power antenna and SLP grille, and blacked out rear panel just because.

I know KBB and other venues offer prices all over the map. Not looking to buy a new car, so I'm not considering trade in, but we'd like to sell it because basically we don't drive it very much anymore. Not that it's a pile of crap- on the contrary. I'd hop in it and drive it anywhere. It's kind of a fun car, but we have 2 other Camaros, my truck, and her Caddy Wagon CTS...just too many cars.

Everything works, no SES codes, all stock. Starts every time, willing to go anywhere. Wife didn't want T-tops, so it's a solid top car. I know that's kind of rare and of no value, but hey, no top leaks!

I'm thinking of asking $6,250. Is that a fair place to start? All opinions welcome.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
With absolutely no idea on whether an 02 Z28 has any special anything ... I will say it sounds low to me, but this is why ... Have been considering selling our 03 GMC Envoy XL SUV (same problem, too many cars) and I did a brief look for prices 122000 mile 4WD but that looked to be about 6500 ... I guess 4WD is equal to a Z28? Wanna trade?

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
If it was artic white I'd jump thru the screen. I miss my 98.

·
Registered
268 Posts
that car would sell for 8-9 grand here in maine easy. all the cars here are beat or rusted out. theres an ss down the road for 12 grand its like a 97 with 120,000 miles

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Gorgeous car.....can you bring it to Vegas?????? I would loooooooove it.....I'd get rid of the Mustang(sorry, Pony)

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Gorgeous car.....can you bring it to Vegas?????? I would loooooooove it.....I'd get rid of the Mustang(sorry, Pony)
Wow, sounds like an offer to me!:eek:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PM replied.

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
wish you would've decided a couple of months sooner, I'd have jumped on it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts