Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So..I'm thinking about getting one to make waxing my G5 a hellova lot easier than handwaxing it(which would make me more eager to actually do it).
Harbor Freight has a few electric ones at decent prices...like these:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=43424 (there is another version that is the same but has a ring all the way around the top for the grip)
and
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=90219
Nice and small..but not really all that random in the orbitalness.

Questions being..would either of those do decently? If so, which one?
And what kind of pads/covers should I use and where can I get them?

And finally..how the hell do you use one for waxing a car? :p

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I would visit our sponsor on this site ...Tropi Care they can help you with all your car care needs.... IMO the best oribit polisher/buffer is the Flex...

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
You are thinking of a high speed buffer... You can use and orbital buffer for everyday use if you want... Those in the link i dont think they have a high enough rpm to do want you are thinking it will do.. They would be good for taking the cleaner,wax,sealant off but not putting them on... Just my opinion of course...I use the porter cable orbital buffer and here is the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Bama, how many RPM's would I be looking for?
Sears has a Black&Decker one that does 4400.

And thedcorvette..when I hand-waxed my S-10 many moons ago it took probably an hour or two.
i handwax my supra every 2 weeks, not a big deal, but it isn't a small car by any means. I enjoy waxing my cars though, excuse not to do anything for awhile.. just like polishing shoes, except bigger :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
All i can say is try it. It might do the job. I would say if you are doing the Camaro with it it should work since the paint is in great shape. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I got a porter cable buffer as well. GREAT tool to use with variable speed. My arms don't feel like they're going to fall off when I used to do it all by hand. (yes, I can see how there's a joke in there)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts