Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to order the LT with RS package. I’m completely okay with V6. My only concern is if I order today, will I see it before fall? If not, there really isn’t much sense in placing an order. Of course they can’t tell me one way or the other, but can anyone give my some insight to this. The dealer has only placed one order (V8 with all the bells) few months ago. They tell me they can order me one of course…… but it's the timing they have no clue about? I know there a lot of chatter about this … any thought?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
well, all dealers will be getting V6 cars on their lots by May... unfortunately, i've heard dealers will have no control over what they get (color/package/option wise) maybe you'll get lucky and your dealer will end up getting the car you are looking for. otherwise, go ahead and order whatcha want. they say they aren't promising any cars before september or something right now, but at the rate they are building them... i'd be willing to bet that everyone will see their cars sooner than they expected. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They didn't mention getting any on the lot by May? As mentioned, they haven't ordered any others? hmmmm Maybe I'll call again.

·
Registered
470 Posts
To make sure you get it by September 09, make sure you order from a dealer who still has some available from their initial allocation that GM gave them. Most dealers have sold all theirs.

But I also agree with Salena, GM is going to work real hard to get these out there quickly...

-Brad

·
Registered
913 Posts
Looking to order the LT with RS package. I’m completely okay with V6. My only concern is if I order today, will I see it before fall? If not, there really isn’t much sense in placing an order. Of course they can’t tell me one way or the other, but can anyone give my some insight to this. The dealer has only placed one order (V8 with all the bells) few months ago. They tell me they can order me one of course…… but it's the timing they have no clue about? I know there a lot of chatter about this … any thought?
Thanks
Where are you located?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What was this v-6 constraint that many are talking about? They were not building any at one point?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The V-6 contraint was there because there were more V-8's sold than were expected, so they wanted to get the ball rolling by only producting V-8's at the onset. (at least that is the way I understand it)

·
Registered
913 Posts
The V-6 contraint was there because there were more V-8's sold than were expected, so they wanted to get the ball rolling by only producting V-8's at the onset. (at least that is the way I understand it)
Kind of correct. The V6 constraint was mainly so they could produce all the "non-allocation" V6s each dealer is getting (one each) for the May 6th "Unveiling Event" across the country.

·
Registered
470 Posts
My guess interpretation...

It has been stated that production is set to be 50/50 v6 vs v8 (I don't know if this is office, just what I have heard). Initially, the v6's they were making are for the dealer show cars for the may 6th launch. It has come off restraint now because those dealer cars have probably already been slotted for production, so going forward, they can start to work on pre-sold v6's.

Since the pre-sold was something like 90% v8, it is rumored that if you order a v6, you may get it sooner.

-Brad

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It seems we're in the dark here in Nova Scotia. Maybe eveywhere? Seems odd that I want to buy the car but no details (to the month) when i could get it. Ball park would be enough to place the order :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
It seems we're in the dark here in Nova Scotia. Maybe eveywhere? Seems odd that I want to buy the car but no details (to the month) when i could get it. Ball park would be enough to place the order :)
The only way any of us can ballpark the timeframe is if we know the total number of cars your dealer (to be) was alloted- his PGN (production guide number) and what spot you would be in his line.

For example, if you found a dealer who got a PGN of 30 and you could be #12 in line, you'd most likely have your car by the end of May. If you were #27, probably the end of August... get my drift?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep got ya, I've asked that question and it appears he doesn't know the answer. I wonder if the rules are the same in US and Canada. As mentioned the dealership has only ordered "one" as of now and they can order more so he tells me. But when it comes to PGN, he doesn't know? bahhhhumbug.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yep got ya, I've asked that question and it appears he doesn't know the answer. I wonder if the rules are the same in US and Canada. As mentioned the dealership has only ordered "one" as of now and they can order more so he tells me. But when it comes to PGN, he doesn't know? bahhhhumbug.
Talk to the sales manager or the inventory manager. Nothing against your salesman but he obviously ain't CamaroScotty caliber. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well that was I good try, I called and asked for the Sales Manager and he's away till next wednesday.. thats a week to get my answer and another week to wait to decide to place the order or not.

Very helpful everyone.. thanks!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Well that was I good try, I called and asked for the Sales Manager and he's away till next wednesday.. thats a week to get my answer and another week to wait to decide to place the order or not.

Very helpful everyone.. thanks!
Inventory manager? Most dealerships have one and he's the guy who enters and tracks the orders anyways in most cases. The sales manager and/or salesmen will generally go to him for all the updates anyways...

Oh, and, YOU'RE WELCOME ! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts