Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Scotty at Newman Chevrolet who put me onto a local dealer here in Washington, Burien Chevrolet. Both Lloyd and Bob were total aces to work with. Can't say enough great about them. I have a while to wait for sure (build week of August 26th) but that's ok, gives me time to save some more. Ordered a black on black with the inferno interior. With the polished 20" wheels. Never would have even considered buying a new car until now, and here I go and bought a car I've never driven, or seen in person. Except for the V6's. Go figure!

:black5thburn:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price is firm. I have a stack of paperwork with everything the car comes with as well. The 2SS really comes with a lot of stuff for the price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not being built until August?

Suddenly I'm not so sure I'll have one in time for SEMA, especially if I wait for Summit White to roll around.

Was that because of their allocation or is production seriously booked up until then?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guys at the dealer told me they just added a third shift to production. Three shifts! That's really good news for the Camaro. Maybe the Z/28 will get built after all. Must just be booked up. There's worse jobs to have than building Camaro's all day. Allocation will ease up at some dealerships since the ones closing down will have to pass theirs onto the dealers staying in business. Or something like that.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The guys at the dealer told me they just added a third shift to production. Three shifts! That's really good news for the Camaro. Maybe the Z/28 will get built after all. Must just be booked up. There's worse jobs to have than building Camaro's all day. Allocation will ease up at some dealerships since the ones closing down will have to pass theirs onto the dealers staying in business. Or something like that.
Sounds like your dealer has no clue. They are working on adding a second shift and Saturdays right now. Did they show you a TPW for 8/26 on the software at the dealership? I ask because while it is good to see people being able to order a Camaro now, there are a ton of us who ordered back in October and have no build date and are at 1100.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Never would have even considered buying a new car until now, and here I go and bought a car I've never driven, or seen in person. Except for the V6's. Go figure!

:black5thburn:
you n me both. bought mine without having even seen anything production wise. sight unseen i walked into the dealer and ordered mine. then i seen a preproduction finished car. and that reassured me that it was money well spent.! and having sat in one a week ago made me feel even that much better about my purchase. you cannot go wrong buying one of these cars. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Couldn't tell you. They just told me and I didn't ask how they knew. Must have been on their computer somewhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts