Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I know:

Ordering starts October 13th.

Allocation will be known on October 13th as well. Dealers will be getting ordering guides to assist in the process...

Prices will be made available after January 1, 2009. (I won't get into the guessing games.....)

This is NOT speculation.

This IS however, (per GM's law) *subject to change

Thanks for YOUR support! Thanks for sharin' the CAMARO LOVE! :patriot:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Thanks Scotty.

just worried about the price/ options list still. . . I think I'm gonna wait until those come out before placing an order.

Question though Scotty:
If I wait until January to place an order, how long do you assume it would take to get delivery?

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I thought we've been saying all along that they announced pricing would be Dec 16th? Wasn't that official?

Scotty, can you get FBodFather to get you a higher allocation? :D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
that's wacky.

can you tell me exactly how allocation works? (if it's not too much of a PIA to explain).

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll get to the questions I can answer tonight.... I have to get some cars to a drive in diner for a car show this afternoon.....I want my Z06 to look purdy!!!

Thanks for the patience, support, and mostly, THE CAMARO LOVE!

·
Registered
43 Posts
that's wacky.

can you tell me exactly how allocation works? (if it's not too much of a PIA to explain).
Allocation works like this in most cases it based on how many of taht type of vehicle you sell or turn and earn bases the nore trucks you sell t he more trucks you get ect. Now on cases like the camaro We have no idea what they are basing our allocation on since there is no camaro out now to base it on or car that is equal to it, my best guess is that they will b ase it on over all car sales and market in the area. To tell you the truth it is very complicated to figure out how many of each vehicle gm will allocate to us but in a nut shell thats how it works.We just wait to hear from gm. lol Hope I was able to answer your question.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Allocation works like this in most cases it based on how many of taht type of vehicle you sell or turn and earn bases the nore trucks you sell t he more trucks you get ect. Now on cases like the camaro We have no idea what they are basing our allocation on since there is no camaro out now to base it on or car that is equal to it, my best guess is that they will b ase it on over all car sales and market in the area. To tell you the truth it is very complicated to figure out how many of each vehicle gm will allocate to us but in a nut shell thats how it works.We just wait to hear from gm. lol Hope I was able to answer your question.
OK, that's what I kinda figured. Does it work for orders too? Like if a dealer is only allocated 5 Camaro's, but have 10 people that want to order them right away...are they only allowed to place 5 orders?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
OK, that's what I kinda figured. Does it work for orders too? Like if a dealer is only allocated 5 Camaro's, but have 10 people that want to order them right away...are they only allowed to place 5 orders?
Kind of we could order more that what we are allocated but it won't be garunteed we get them. Some times as the situation we had with the traverse gm in there wisdon only gave us one! well we called up and bitched to our gm rep and then we got more. And other times some other dealer maynot take or order the full allocation they were given so they become up for grabs if you ask for it. Unlikely that will happen with camaro.
And yes that is what leads to mark up. If a dealer opnly gets two they will want to make asm uch on that car since it may be months until they get another one. Some dealers will rather not sell both of them right away one yes but that way they have at least have one to show people and take future orders, since one deal does not make a month we needs to sell alot.
But if someone is willing to pay all the money for a car who are we to stop them. I would rather get a whole fleet from gma nd sell them all at msrp an one or two over msrp. Lets hope gm can get a whole lot out there to start the show.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
thanks for the info:thumbsup:

I'm #2 on my dealers list, so hopefully there wont be any issues.;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but if a guy wants to custom order a car through his local dealer, does that car count against the dealer's allocation?.....or can you always order a custom, regardless of consumer demand/allocation limits?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but if a guy wants to custom order a car through his local dealer, does that car count against the dealer's allocation?.....or can you always order a custom, regardless of consumer demand/allocation limits?
that was answered a few posts back...i asked the same question.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
166 Posts
dealers can ALWAYS find a car somewhere......................there will be plenty to go around.........were talking Chevrolet here...........not Ferrari

This is NOT like Harley-Davidson was 15 years ago when you had to wait up to 9 months for a bike to be built.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Scotty,

I know you probably have answered this before, but as FranknBeans referred to, what's the status of an option list? (Sorry for the PITA, repeated, and otherwise, lame questions.)

Larry

1 - 20 of 29 Posts