Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 7/20 BY THE OSHAWA HOLIDAY INN***

THURSDAY 7/15
- TWO days from now, is the cutoff for "cheap" (group rate) hotel reservations at the Hoilday Inn in Oshawa. If there is even a chance of you going, make your hotel reservations NOW. They can always be canceled right up to 24 hours prior to check-in.

See this thread for full details and link to hotel reservations:

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23781

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP. :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
What is this its sounds like it would be fun :rotflmao::muhaha::muhaha::runaround:

Come on people shake your booty and sign up

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
well if someone would make a detour and kidnap me from alberta i'd be all over it lol

·
Registered
811 Posts
Gotta love Hylton's enthusiasm even though what he is suggesting is highly illegal....Too bad I didn't think of that first!! :p

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Gotta love Hylton's enthusiasm even though what he is suggesting is highly illegal....Too bad I didn't think of that first!! :p
The key here is to convince someone else to do the dirty deed. Besides - WE NEED KITTY IN OSHAWA!!!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Oshawa Holiday Inn has extended our deadline to July 20th. After that, you will NOT be guaranteed a room NOR the group rate...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The Oshawa Holiday Inn has extended our deadline to July 20th. After that, you will NOT be guaranteed a room NOR the group rate...
And you can expect a flogging! :chairshot:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Having been, but never driven in Canada before, this may seem like a dumb question to some, but are there any unforseen nuances that a U.S. driver should be aware of for Ontario?

For example, for the most part, besides the KMH/MPH differences thing and the main items are pretty much the same, I know radar detectors/guns are a no-no, but I'm not sure about the daytime running lights. Are the fog light DRL's sufficient or do you have to flip on the headlights all the time?

Also, is there anything I should be aware of when crossing the border in a car? I feel confident there shouldn't be any issues, but I don't want to do something retarded and end up getting to know the border guards on a first name basis.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Having been, but never driven in Canada before, this may seem like a dumb question to some, but are there any unforseen nuances that a U.S. driver should be aware of for Ontario?

For example, for the most part, besides the KMH/MPH differences thing and the main items are pretty much the same, I know radar detectors/guns are a no-no, but I'm not sure about the daytime running lights. Are the fog light DRL's sufficient or do you have to flip on the headlights all the time?

Also, is there anything I should be aware of when crossing the border in a car? I feel confident there shouldn't be any issues, but I don't want to do something retarded and end up getting to know the border guards on a first name basis.
There is nothing you need to know other than that they have stronger beer and fully nude strip clubs.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
...and you probably don't want to bring an AK47 and 1000 rounds of ammo in your car.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
hahha ya guns would definately be a bad thing at the border crossing. your fog lights will work fine for DRL's

and yes canadian beer kicks ass!!! if you have never had canadian beer before do pace yourself. i have seen it do in more then a few americans

and when you go to the strip clubs it's ok to throw $1 and $2 coins cuz we don't have them in bills anymore. just be nice in your throwing don't purposely try to hurt them or they will get pissed. nice gentle throw with a bit of arc will get you a poster most of the time ;)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts