Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DATE CONFIRMED-> weekend of AUG 21st

It's very important that those who can, arrive on FRIDAY BY NOON. That's the day we meet with the plant employees.

"We" are in the process of setting up a date for the 2nd annual Meet and Greet in Oshawa, Ontario (yes, that's Canada where the Camaro is built ;)).

Several dates are being discussed. Here is where we are so far. Please chime in on what works (or not) for you. Be sure to vote in the poll. Please select ALL the dates you can attend- the poll will allow for multiple answers.

***Note that Sept 4th is now also OUT. It is Labour
day also in Canada and the plant is closed 9/3-9/7 so many of the workers will be on vacation.

Regards,
Trent and Waldo :D

Looks like June and July is out. This is how it's shaping up so far:

5/15 ok
5/22 ok
5/29 out - Coca Cola 600 in Charlotte

6/5 out- out of town at relatives (Trent)
6/12 out- vacation (Lisa), Ontario Camaro Nationals
6/19 out- B-day for my younger one (Trent)
6/26 out- baseball playoffs start for younger kid (Trent), Carlisle weekend

7/3 ok (but most likely people will have July 4th issues)
7/10 out- plant shutdown
7/17 out- plant shutdown
7/24 out - Vancouver (Hylton)
7/31 out - Vancouver (Hylton)

8/7 out Aruba depart (Trent)
8/14 out Aruba return (Trent)
8/21 ok
8/28 ok

9/4 ok

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trent, I planned my Keywest trip for May 15-22 a few months ago so it would not be around Meet and Greet.
OOPS :lol:

Then why does Hylton have you on vacation in June?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
OOPS :lol:

Then why does Hylton have you on vacation in June?
Well, he is correct. I have family coming in for vacation June 3-11, but my vacation is May 15-22. I forgot to remind him of the May dates. August 21 looks good !!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well now...

It appears Aug 21st is falling into place quite nicely. I'm going to pencil it in on my calendar as the likely date being that it works well for Mike Judge (Super60) also- that's important.

Nothing is set in stone yet but I don't think it's a bad idea to open up that weekend in our schedules...... :cool:

More info to follow when available.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
8/21 would be the week before the Camaro Focus Group III. :)

I need to get crackin on getting my passport!!!!!!!
Ya think? Doesn't IL have EDLs? Most people that I know around here (that haven't had a need for a passport) just paid the extra fee when their license renewed to get the upgraded one. In any case, looking forward to cracking a few with you. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone have any idea on Details? I know it's a million years away, but do we want to organize tee shirts for the get together? Food/restaurant to meet at etc? I'm fairly local (45 minutes out)and will help with anything.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Anyone have any idea on Details? I know it's a million years away, but do we want to organize tee shirts for the get together? Food/restaurant to meet at etc? I'm fairly local (45 minutes out)and will help with anything.
Thanks for offering. We are still working on the details but should be able to publish something in a month from now. Last years event included a meet and greet at a local banquet hall, a run to the factory for a quick look around, a group dinner, a killer party into the wee hours, a BBQ the next day which included a tour of the Martinrea plant where they assemble the Camaro suspension and a run to a Chevy dealer for some neat Chevy garb.

We will keep this site updated!

1 - 20 of 168 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.