Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since GM is brining back the camaro do you guys know if their bringing anything else back ex. Trans Am, Firebird, etc.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
There has been a bunch of speculation on the Firebird. GM has stated they have no plans to bring a Pontiac version of the Camaro to showrooms.
But that does not mean the possibility isn't there someplace :cool:

For now, you 2nd Gen Trans Am fans might like this...

www.yearone.com/yodnn/bandit

·
8,984 Posts
Nice...

There was a pic of a Concept TA Bandit running around the net, that was BAD ASS.

·
Registered
134 Posts
GM might bring back the firebird if the sales numbers are good for Camaro ... 100000 units per year is GM"s stated goal for Camaro ... so sales would have to be
beyond that for GM to seriously consider that option.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I'm excited about the G8. It will replace the wife's Malibu. Even though it's a 4 door, it has decent power with the optional V8 and it's RWD. I won't mind driving it around myself.

I don't know how many different models GM will release before the Feds and CAFE standards may cap these types of cars. The V6 versions of these models with decent gas mileage will keep these cars alive and well.

I really want Pontiac to release more performance models. I would like to see the G6 morph into a performance V6 ( turbocharged ?) RWD sport model as well. Kind of putting it into competition with the 350Z, G35/G37, and the like.

·
8,984 Posts
GM might bring back the firebird if the sales numbers are good for Camaro ... 100000 units per year is GM"s stated goal for Camaro ... so sales would have to be
beyond that for GM to seriously consider that option.
Not to be argumentative, but with the direction Pontiac is going, and the direction Chevrolet has stuck with the Camaro......I seriously doubt it, even though I would love it!:gr_patriot:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts