Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is just that IMO, speculation.

First, they've made the mistake of taking GMHTP at its word as if they know something we don't. With a lead time of 2 months, in order to stay relevant magazines HAVE to engage in wild speculation. Otherwise the speed of the internet renders them useless.

Therefore, anything in GMHTP about the Camaro I consider unreliable.

As to the LS9...this is the Corvette "blue devil" 650hp supercharged 6.2L. I highly doubt they're going to put that motor, from a supposed $100K Corvette, in a $40,000K Camaro. There's just no way. It would render the Z06 and standard vette impotent when you could buy a cheaper Camaro with MORE hp.

I think the top Camaro, whatever it ends up being called, will be LS8 powered at most.

http://www.camaro5.com/?p=20

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Chris, I agree 100% about what's written in the magazine's. ;)

When, and if, the car comes to production, who knows what motors it will have? And rest assured, the Camaro will always be produced producing less HP than the Corvette.

I read the mags. for entertainment and never take whats written "as Gospel."

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Therefore, anything in GMHTP about the Camaro I consider unreliable.
:iamwithstupid:
...along with any other magazine.

Magazines are about 1% accurate when it comes to the future.
They should stick to reporting the past, and reviewing stuff hehe.

Anyone who takes magazines for truth is, well, less than brilliant. :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I do see an LS7 making its way into the new Camaro. With a 500hp Shelby and Chrysler making a 425hp (to start with) Challenger, GM would be foolish not to offer the LS7 as an option. Price it less than $40,000 and sit back and count the money! By the time they build this car, the LS7 would have already been put in quite a few Z06s. Probably 4-5 years of real world driving. The bugs are worked out and it's ready to be shoe-horned in the Camaro (ZL1, SS427, or how about Z28X ?!?!?!

·
Registered
861 Posts
yea I don't see the camaro getting any more than a ls-7 because like chris said it would make the vette irrellavant. P.S. I like the new look of the home page chris good job! :cool:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
As long as the new Camaro is introduced with more hp than the current Mustang GT, I'm happy. :D

And whatever engine's are available, I'm sure GM wil offer a high performance Camaro, maybe in a limited production.

Also, I'd bet there'll be a lot of aftermarket options to increase performance. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts