1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a picture of it:

hehe :D

Thats too bad you have to sell her
That pic is on Google Street View! Taken before we had the stripes put on. No worries that we're selling it. We bought it knowing that we'd get another one in a few years. We need to bank a little money for a project coming up, so stay tuned.....we'll have something else, soon.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Fixed the URL. Good luck with the sale :D

I see you are making a Paypal account mandatory. If you are planning to accept a deposit or any part of the payment via PayPal DON'T DO IT.

I've been burned twice doing this personally. I strongly suggest bank transfer or cash in hand as the ONLY forms of payment to accept in a case like this. I've sold car to people all over the world during this past year.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed the URL. Good luck with the sale :D

I see you are making a Paypal account mandatory. If you are planning to accept a deposit or any part of the payment via PayPal DON'T DO IT.

I've been burned twice doing this personally. I strongly suggest bank transfer or cash in hand as the ONLY forms of payment to accept in a case like this. I've sold car to people all over the world during this past year.

Thanks, we were wondering about the PayPal thing. I think Steve set it up as the PayPal part is for the deposit part of it only. The balance is to be paid via bank transfer. We'll look into changing that PayPal part of it (the whole ad set up was only slightly confusing, & we appreciate the advice). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Sorry to see it go, Teri. I know you guys looked forward to getting that car.

You'll have your Z28 convertible before you know it!

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Thanks, we were wondering about the PayPal thing. I think Steve set it up as the PayPal part is for the deposit part of it only. The balance is to be paid via bank transfer. We'll look into changing that PayPal part of it (the whole ad set up was only slightly confusing, & we appreciate the advice). :thumbsup:
Yep, buyer needs to only open a Paypal dispute stating something they were unhappy with and your account will be frozen until you pay the amount back or work out a settlement. Usually the former.

Good luck!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, buyer needs to only open a Paypal dispute stating something they were unhappy with and your account will be frozen until you pay the amount back or work out a settlement. Usually the former.

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice. Steve explained that when he set it up, it was some option to check that they have a PayPal account, but they don't have to use it for the deposit. We're o.k. with a bank transfer on that, too. It's only a $500 deposit, so we can deal w/that if it comes down to it. I rarely use PayPal, so it'll be more of an inconvenience on the other end than it is for me.

If they do the whole transaction via bank transfer, that makes it quicker anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts