Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected a Camaro SS from MCO Saturday, when I was driving it out they had two complete rows of Camaros (50+) all lined up and ready to go - I thought they were is short supply still? :eek:

·
Registered
457 Posts
is that a 6 cylinder rental camaro?
No the SS is the 8 cylinder model, and one more thing...:nopics: :lol:

Whoever made the first post, if you have pics then put 'em up here:thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can't imagine renting out Camaro SS's with V8's...usually rentals are the tame ones (like the V6 Mustang, V6 Challenger, etc.)...now a "specialty' rental places will rent out Vettes, Ferraris, BMWs, etc.,...but not your Airport Types (except Hertz who rented out Mustang Shelby GT - Herz version)...

·
Registered
65 Posts
they def are renting V8s...i was at orlando airport monday and they had about 100 camaros...28 of which were SS's...i took some photos but when i tried to post them here it said they were too big

·
Registered
232 Posts
Flew to Dayton a couple of weeks ago. When I got to the rental car section near the baggage claim there was a "We now rent Camaro's" at Avis.

I asked how much it was per day. They stated $120.00 per day! Only 6 cyl, no SS models. I told them to keep it and drove off in a Chevy Malibu for $39.99 a day! I have my Camaro at home, $120.00 a day is way too much IMO.

·
Registered
97 Posts
$120.00 a day is way too much IMO.
I agree, but there are people out there that will pay that so they can drive such an awsome car, mainly people that drive mustangs as their daily :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No the SS is the 8 cylinder model, and one more thing...:nopics: :lol:

Whoever made the first post, if you have pics then put 'em up here:thumbsup:
Sorry, didn't think to take my camera with me but I see someone else has posted that he saw 100+.

I was just surprised that they had so many.

The one I hired was a Yellow SS and only had around 30 miles on the clock, it was the only yellow Camaro I saw there.

The hire cost with LDW and all the other "insurances" came to $230 for two days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts