Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi I live in brasil.... I HAVE CHANGED THE CAMARO'EXHAUST FOR THE NEW MODEL OF MAGNAFLOW WITHOUT CATALYST. THE SENSOR OXYGEM SHOWS ERROR. THE SENSOR DOES'NT DETECT THE CATALYST OF COURSE.. WHAT DO I DO? IS THERE SOME SIMULATOR TO FOOL THE SENSOR? SORRY FOR MY ENGHISH..THANKS!!!
CAMARO 2SS V8 2010

·
Registered
20 Posts
you maybe able to o2 adapters that u use when u put on hi flow cats and u dont want to do a tune , check with one of your performance exhaust shops hope this helps , we have this here in australia so u should have it there to

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also encounter this code error and now it makes me wonder what could cause it to flash an oxygen sensor error? I noticed that my spark plug wire on the front rotor does not get a good bite from the plug. Also, what is the effect of that error to my car? Could somebody please enlighten me? Thanks!

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I also encounter this code error and now it makes me wonder what could cause it to flash an oxygen sensor error? I noticed that my spark plug wire on the front rotor does not get a good bite from the plug. Also, what is the effect of that error to my car? Could somebody please enlighten me? Thanks!
I need to be clear on the question here before I can answer it properly. First...do you have an SS or LT and have you done any engine or exhaust modifcations to it? Do you currently have a CEL (Check Engine Light) on? And have you had the code(s) read to make sure that an O2 sensor is responsible for the CEL?

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Tune is the only way for it not to throw a code.
That IS NOT true at all. There are O2 sensor sleeves available that pull the sensors out of the exhaust tubing and prevent them from triggering the CEL...but they are a bandaid and not a fix because it's usually a rich mix triggering the sensors and that is not corrected by the sleeving.

BTW...what happened to your sig pic Strick? It's been missing for the last couple of months and for some crazy reason...lol...I miss it. I guess since our avatars and sigs kind of become our identity here and now you don't seem to have one. :(

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Idk Envy about the sig. And I thought they stopped making the O2 bypass sensor. I read about that a few years ago.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I have a set so I know they still make them. But in the long run...I never installed them because Envy was running such a rich mix (from the JBA Shorties) that it had to be detrimental to her eventually and I want to do things the right way. So I got the Trifecta tune from Vince at the beginning of August and it has proven to be well worth the expense. [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Oh okay. There was some law passed it might of been just in Florida because we don't have emissions testing here. Makes sense what you said.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts