Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
It's great if you are in shape. If you are not, most people I know never make the 90 days.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
so... you dont think is worth buying?
I'm no expert on P90x or fitness but my Dad's a quack so he must know a bit...he says it's only for the fit people looking to get more fit, he advises for "less healthy" people to diet, run, and do light weight training to get in shape, before P90x. P90x is tough from what I've heard, I'll stick to my weights and bike ride. :)

What are you plans? To lose weight, gain muscle, get ripped, what?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm no expert on P90x or fitness but my Dad's a quack so he must know a bit...he says it's only for the fit people looking to get more fit, he advises for "less healthy" people to diet, run, and do light weight training to get in shape, before P90x. P90x is tough from what I've heard, I'll stick to my weights and bike ride. :)

What are you plans? To lose weight, gain muscle, get ripped, what?
i dont know i just wanted to try it. I guess gain muscle, im 5'7 if get ripped i will look too big and awkard :lol:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I got it.. It is really hard. You need to be in good shape to keep up. But, Like they say you dont have to keep up. Do what you can.. And as you get better you will catch up. I start and stop using it from time to time. I personally dont have the time and ambition to keep up with it.. But, after even a cople of days you can feel it works. I would say first start with some normal things like walking and bike riding if your really bad off and work your way up. No need to give yourself a heart attack. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I do think you have to be in decent shape for it to be more efective. Im on day 72 and I started it because of the muscle confusion. I was in good shape before I started and it is a hard workout.

·
Registered
346 Posts
P90X rocks! Dear lord its tough as hell, but if you just do what you can, you'll definately see results. I agree with adam80 anything that busts your ass for 90 days will get you ripped but, this honestly works and its a good thing to follow.

But the way, not condoning it, but Bit Torrent might have what your looking for a little cheaper ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm 4 weeks into P90, which is less intense than the P90X, and I'm loving it. I've dropped 10 pounds and capable of keeping up the pace of the work out and completing all the reps. I plan on finishing off the 90 days of P90 and then move on to P90X.

·
Registered
738 Posts
There's a girl in my class who has it and says she loves it. But she was already tiny to begin with.

I've watched a few health nuts rip it apart, though. Because in the video I guess the guy says some pretty stupid stuff about how workouts that do the same thing aren't the same.

But like everyone else says, go for a run for 90 minutes and you'll lose weight anyway.

Personally, on days I can't go to the gym or it's crappy outside, I just do my own workout in doors. Saves me the $100+. Jump rope, jumping jacks, flutter kicks, crunches, pushups, leg thrusts. All things you can do on your own, at your own pace, and break a sweat in 30 minutes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
But the way, not condoning it, but Bit Torrent might have what your looking for a little cheaper
I'm not condoning it either, but...............that's how I got mine for free! It's a great workout, and fun.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I dont trust those commercials, the person was already ripped when they used the product they are advertising. You also have to eat healthy that alone wont get you in shape. I remember when 6 second abs came out you it doesnt really work.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Great system. One of the few things 'ON TV' that work!

It helps people who need a push to exercise PROPERLY and eat right. Both are key as well as keeping at it. This program does a great job mixing things up so you don't get bored/plateau.

It's a tool and helps keep the motivation going for sure :D

Regarding only being for fit people to get more fit, BS.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i did p90x for almost a year. started in march of 2009. did it strait for the 91 days. went from 210 to 190. got much stronger and slimmer.
then after a few weeks break, me and my wife decided to start it back up again. we would start it and stop it for the new 8-9 months. just to basically keep in shape and get stronger. right before my wedding, we started it up again(february). right now i am 195. much slimmer than i was when started and much stronger and more muscular. so, dieting and doing the workout.....it works. hard work. but it works. im bored with it now. so im getting a gym membership instead. but do it. it was a great challange.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts