Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
What part of the Manufacturer warranty does it violate exactly?
Why would these not fall under the GM warranty since they are being sold and represented by GM?

Painting doesn't impact HOW they are mounted? What is it?

What if the dealer paints them for you?

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What part of the Manufacturer warranty does it violate exactly?
Why would these not fall under the GM warranty since they are being sold and represented by GM?

Painting doesn't impact HOW they are mounted? What is it?

What if the dealer paints them for you?
It says that painting them is considered modifing the part, hence voiding the warranty.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Do you have a copy/link about the reason.

Do they give a specific and logical reason why it would void the warranty?

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
It says that painting them is considered modifing the part, hence voiding the warranty.
I'd like to see how the Magnuson-Moss Act interprets that :D

Just read this:

Ground effects (P/Ns 92207441 and 92208008) The painting of these components before or after installation is considered a modification.

Modifying the components will void the accessory's warranty coverage.

Please advise the customer that these parts are not paint to match.
Sounds like one more reason not to pay for these parts...

·
Registered
402 Posts
I didn't care for it from the beginning, but when it matches the body color of the car it looked more intergrated. Now I know it's not for me. I've seen a couple of dealers that have already done it. Oops on them! I guess the supplier for GM will come out later with these painted, and at a higher cost. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Complete BS... They GFX look like crap without them color matched... Looks like GM is going to need to find another manufacturer cause these things aren't going to sell once customers find out that painting them voids the warranty. Also, dealers better make sure they disclose this information when selling a GFX package.

·
Registered
472 Posts
What's going to happen to the ground effects that you would even need a warranty?
I can understand the angst, it's pretty annoying manufacturer BS, but if you want to paint them, paint them.
What's the worst thing that can happen?
Maybe the manufacturer is worried someone is going to try to bake them?

·
Registered
66 Posts
What's going to happen to the ground effects that you would even need a warranty?
I can understand the angst, it's pretty annoying manufacturer BS, but if you want to paint them, paint them.
What's the worst thing that can happen?
Maybe the manufacturer is worried someone is going to try to bake them?
To me it's more the concept of it... like how in the hell does painting them give them the right to void the warranty? It makes me question the quality when they are voiding the warranty for something like that, I'm surprised GM would allow something like this.

·
Registered
472 Posts
To me it's more the concept of it... like how in the hell does painting them give them the right to void the warranty? It makes me question the quality when they are voiding the warranty for something like that, I'm surprised GM would allow something like this.
I'm guessing it really has to do with attachment issues. As soon as I heard about the taping of pieces on a few months ago, I started scratching my head. It must work better with however the manufacturer finishes the piece. If so, they have problems.
Just speculation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I brought mine to the paint shop today. I think they look like ass on an IOM not painted. As long as the dealer installs them correctly, I don't expect to have any issues.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Is it GM that wont honor the warranty?
If so, we can see exactly why they are going through very difficult times
they aren't logical.

I don't see any sort of logical connection in your post.
There are probably finish compatibility issues here that they don't want to risk litigation over.
I don't see how they can warranty the finish on the ground effects, if people are covering it with the finish of their choice????
What else would a warranty on ground effects include?
If you want to refinish the parts, don't worry about the warranty. :confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts