Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the difference in look for the painted or polished wheels. Will paint start to dull or scrach. I've heard some people avoided the RS because of this. Is painted considered a better option than polished? Thoughts, comments...

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I had painted wheels on my last car. I never had a problem with them. Don't laugh, but I actually waxed them a few times. It helped believe it or not. They were easier to clean.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
From the wheel pictures I have come across, as well as comparing painted vs. polished wheels on Corvettes on the Dealer lot, the painted look "flat" vs. the polished look "shiny". I don't mean to imply "flat" means ugly nor bad, they are very nice indeed. My Dealer suggested I go with Polished since I was ordering my 2010 in Victory Red and the shiny wheels would "enhance" and "draw out" the red.

I bought that argument despite the fact the polished wheels look like they will require more maintenance, or, er, polishing...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've waxed my wheels too, so don't feel bad, Dawn. ;)
It really does help keep them clean!

Unfortunately we don't have any pics of the polished wheels yet, but they'll look the same, just with a shiny metal finish.
LOL....I wax my windshield :eek: Never had any problems though....rain beads right up and rolls off with very little need for the wipers unless it is raining at a steady clip.:screwy:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts