Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Looks like you found your car's brother!

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you found your car's brother!
That is does. Both a version of black with ground FX and blacked out bow ties. Dude has good taste. :D

That's much better than being next to the mini-van!!
So true. Mini-vans are parking lot hell to park around. About a year ago I saw a woman in a mini-van literally kick open her door and put a 1/2" deep dent into a SUV next to her. She didn't even hesitate and of course didn't bother leaving a note (I left one on her behalf).

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Lexus I had ended up with a gigantic deep dent all the way along both passenger side doors, and a broken side mirror. I was parked in a lot for a sporting event. No note and the car was gone by the time I got there. Very expensive to fix
Some A-hole took out the entire side of your car! That makes me sick just reading about it. Not cool.

Took Stealth out and ran to the Depot earlier today for some supplies and got my usual parking spot. Not one car within 100' - priceless. In retrospect, I should have parked over there against the concrete divider.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I always park in the north 40 if possible. I had a Mazda 3 and was sitting in it when some people parked next to me and flung there car door into my "Brand New" less than two week old car, with me in it I got out and let them have it. They said they did not do it. I then pointed out the paint on my car and theres. I made them stay while I ripped them a new one and demanded payment on the spot. I knew I would get no cash but I made my point. Every time my son gets out of any car I remind him to be carefull.

·
Registered
69 Posts
OUCH! Five dings - I feel your pain. Hopefully they are minor ones.
Three of them are minor, one is so-so that the shop said I can expect 95% improvement on. One, the first one I got months ago and it STILL boils my blood when I look at it, is a doozy right on the body line of the door. He said he's not sure the PDR guy will even try that one ... but if he can get it any better at all, I'm willing to give it a shot. It will be triple the cost, if not more, to detrim the door, repair it and paint it ... and I'd like to avoid that if possible. The part that really gets me is, 2 of them are on the TOP of my rear quarters, like someone DROPPED something on my car. I hope I catch the next person so I can lose my mind on them.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I saw someone sit a grocery bag ON someone else's car before loading it in their own car.
They acted like it was normal.

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I saw someone sit a grocery bag ON someone else's car before loading it in their own car.
This is how people get shot.
:agree: That is a blatant disregard for another's property. If needed, set the junk on the ground before opening the door.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I HATE IT WHEN people don't respect other people's cars!! Just because they might not love their car doesn't mean we are ok with becoming a victim of someones lack of respect for ours!!!

Sorry to hear about all your stories.

If it makes you feel better...
the day after I bought my brand new beauty someone was careless and scratched it as well as took out a few chips of my beautiful Victory Red! I took it back to the dealer and said FIX THIS!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I was in New York a few years ago I saw a lady change her baby on someone else's hood!!! I would have flipped out and would not be responsible for my actions!!

That same trip I saw many many people SITTING on multiple cars just hanging out and thinking it was ok. I was all..."isn't anyone else seeing this!?!!"

NOT OK WITH ME!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I saw someone at an airport put a roller board suitcase on someones hood and roll it off when they loaded it.
Sometimes I wonder WTF is wrong with people these days.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the first one I got months ago and it STILL boils my blood when I look at it, is a doozy right on the body line of the door. He said he's not sure the PDR guy will even try that one

depending how deep the dent is....it can be done. I had 3 dents on mine (before I even bought it, the guy didn't tell me about) and they were all on the body line on the doors. Got my light and my "magic" tools out and removed them ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts