Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how many thousand pre orders GM has for the camaro and all but my question is, how many did they have at jan 1st? I had mine ordered on 12/9 and am still at 1000 in the system (or is it 1100?). My dealer showed me in the system so I have conformation of the status and when I glanced at the screen, some of the allocations were ordered on oct of 08 and they were still at the same as mine. I've also heard that the system has lag so some cars might be made and not show up. I just wonder if anyone knows what it was on jan 1st so us guys can get a small idea of where they are in the grand scheme of things so if there were 9,000 and 6,500 are made we should be within the next 2,500 to be made.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
when you ordered makes no difference. I ordered in October and I'm still at 1100.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You give your order to the dealer and they send it into GM but that has nothing to do with when it will be submitted for production. Your dealer will then recieve their allotment and say they have 10 people on their list and they get an allotment in May for 2 cars, their inventory manager will decide which 2 orders to submit for production. GM controls how many they will allot to your dealer but the dealer decides which ones to build and in which order.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I ordered mine Jan 19 and it's at 2200 right now. GM gives the dealer one allocation each six weeks to put in a car they want, so they plugged my number in. They are telling me that it will be July before I see the car. Not sure what takes so long. GM is suppose to be able to product 400 per day. Just wish we could get a straight answer from GM. If you have an order number, you should be able to go to the 2010 site and find out your status. My dealer never took any orders until Jan. 2SS/RS Inferno Orange A6, black interior w/black rally stripes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i ordered mine in late march and my dealer told me it would be no later than the end of June before i would get my car. he said it would take approximately 10-12 weeks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have decided that I will get it when I get it.

Once I do, I am sure that the waiting I did will quickly become a distant memory as I enjoy the ride! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
i ordered mine in late march and my dealer told me it would be no later than the end of June before i would get my car. he said it would take approximately 10-12 weeks.
Your dealer is extremely optimistic. Those of us who ordered last year will be lucky to see a car by late June.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts